+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tradenstuff.com

Default Tradenstuff.com

I'm all about supporting the sponsors here, but in my current situation, I'm also all about saving as much $ as possible. Found this site and they've got some good deals. Site looks a little "iffy" but I verified model numbers on some rods and they seem to match up (not that that means much). Anyone have any experience here.

http://www.tradenstuff.com/GearList.htm
    Leave No Trace

Default Re: Tradenstuff.com

Never seen it before,,,The site looks like a 2 year old designed it though.

No experience with them "BUT" watch the prices offered there.
    Some of them seem high.
    Having been destitute a while back I still have an affinity for saving a buck too. I have seen most of that Orvis gear go for much less.

I've looked at that site on occasion. Yes, there are some quality goods listed there. However, there are two issues that have prevented me from doing any more than merely browse: lack of detailed descriptions/photos and the absence of any buyer testimonials/feedback.

IMO, transactions with a fellow FAOL member would be more satisfying overall. Here you can get detailed descriptions, and often photos as well, from a regular contributor. I also think the offerings listed on FAOL are the better deal $wise. For the prices posted, it seems that the owner of the referenced site could do a little better than offer a make/model name, price, and a single-word description of its condition.

I've delt with the sight and it was less than desirable. That's all I'll say to keep from running anyone down. I did get my money back in the end.

I purchased a rod from that site and was very pleased. I would buy from him again. With regards to the lack of info on the goods. I would reccomend sending an e-mail if you nneded more info. I too had a couple of questions, and sent an e-mail, it was answered right away.

I've purchased a couple of rods from Dave, and have been more than satisfied. The prices were fair and the service good. What I liked was his willingness to take trades.

I also found prices were a tad high from what I can get at my local fly shop. Not outrageous, but in some cases above MSRP.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I emailed Dave about getting some pics of a rod, he sent them that night. Sent him a payment thru paypal and had the rod 3 days later. Prices were fair.

Someone else mentioned his willingness to take trades....well I tried to trade a slightly used sage SLT for an older sage model and he didn't go for it. So I sold it outright to pay for the rod.

+ Reply to Thread