+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Makes Okuma Reels

Default Who Makes Okuma Reels

I am trying to find a replacement woodgrain crank handle for my Okuma
    Integrity 7/8. The dang thing broke right in half. I probably could replace it
    with most anything, but thought I would just write the company and see if they would send me a replacement. Any idea of a website for their company or someone in the USA who is the national distributor? My search has been for naught.
    Thanks
    Dano

Default Re: Who Makes Okuma Reels

Okuma USA site, check the customer service link

www.okumafishingteam.com/index2.html

The world wide site is here www.okumafishing.com

Thanks, its appreciated. I will give them a try.
    Dano

Let us know how this works out, as I have an Okuma, as well and would like to know how the customer service ranks for their warranty and the like.

Brad

Brad
    I just received an email from Okuma customer service after I sent a note explaining about needing the handle knob. I just asked for the part number and price. In his letter today he said I have put in your order and it should arrive in a few days. He didn't say if I was going to be charged or not, but I presume he would have wanted prepayment if so. If this is the case then its supurb customer service. If I have to pay for the knob then its still great service and I would classify it as A1 at this point.
    Dano

Always good to hear!

Not only did I receive one of the knobs but two, and at no charge. So they are A++ as far as I am concerned.
    Dano

I have a Okuma reel,,,It's Great to know they have great service IF mine ever breaks

I own several of the Sierra model and a new SLV 2/3 for my 2wt. I have been very happy with them.

Quite a bargain for the price - especially since I do not fish big game. Thus the moniker "PanFisher"
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Here is some "food for thought" for those that own the Okuma Sierra reels. I own 2 of them and have discovered that the Cabela's Prestige fly reel spool will fit on the Sierra. Matter of fact, the 2 reels are identical inside and out. You can purchase the Cabela's Prestige reel for $29.99 and spare spools for $16.99.

Get your Cabela's Fly Fishing catalogs out and look at the pictures of the standard Prestige reel and then look at the Sierra and you will see that the 2 reels are identical. You can even compare the Prestige reel with the Okuma Magnitude in the Cabela's catalog and you will see that they are identical.

Interesting.....

I own the Prestige and the Okuma and find both to be very good reels and it is nice to know that the spools are interchangeable.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread