+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Knot?

Default Blood Knot?

This seems to be tied differently than I have seen before. Is it really a blood knot? Are my eyes playing tricks?
    [url=http://www.noreast.com/knots/knotspage4.cfm:04a77]http://www.noreast.com/knots/knotspage4.cfm[/url:04a77]

odd it ends up like a blood knot, but its a very hard way to tie a simple knot.

Looks to me like the simplest way I've seen it explianed.....and is definitely a blood knot...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

It's a blood knot, just tied a little differently.

Hey guys, good post.
    I went to my local Dick's SG for leaders and they had none, so I decided to buy rolls of Vanish and tie my own. Talk about perfect turnover every time....could have saved a fortune in the past years....

Anyway.....I use the Blood Knot to connect sections.....and, cuss a lot before it's done!

Any of you fellows have a Blood Knot tying technique that would eliminate the cussing??

Thanks, Jim

jsentell:

You might want to ask around to your fishing buddies to see if any of them use Vanish on their spinning or casting reels. I use Vanish on my baitcasters and always end up with an unusable amount after I refill my reels. I used to just throw it away until a light went off in my head. I'm now saving it to make bass leaders.

It's like getting it for free! I'm sure lots of conventional fisherman do the same thing and would be happy to give you the ends of those refill spools.

In regards to a blood knot technique: my technique is so scary and complicated you'd quit fishing if my way was the only way to do it. But it is how I've always done it and I used to make all my own leaders so tying a blood knot for me is a piece of cake.

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 25 July 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Bamboozle (edited 25 July 2005).]

Dudley,

If you look closely, there is a crossover between the two tag ends. When the knot is tightened, the crossover is eliminated and the tags ends wind up in the correct position.

BTW, I have observed all kinds of idiosyncrasies in knot tying -- most often involving use of the mouth to assist at certain phases -- the improved clinch knot, blood knots as well as others. Even after repeated observation, I've never been able to figure out exactly how those guys do it.

There are blood-knot specific tools out there, although I've never used any of them.

Personally, I only tie blood knots when I'm at home and not in a hurry. On stream, I tie a double or triple surgeons using my forceps.

BFB,
    I saw that, that's why I deleted
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

gee....is there a different way to tie this knot???.....learned in the early 70's to tie it the same way that page shows.....with my eyes not faring too good( Val sez it ol'timerz)...it is a tuff knot for me to tie on the river....how do you folks tie it???

Its a Bloodknot ok but I'd like to see someone tie one that way. I agree with Ashborn!

Ol' Bill

+ Reply to Thread