+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here goes nothing

Default Here goes nothing

I have been a "guest" on this site for several years after being told of it on a fly fishing trip in YNP. Just decided to register because I'm headed out to Jackson Hole for a couple of weeks this Friday. Will have some fishing buddies for the first week but am on my own the second. If anyone is in the area and wants to share a fishing trip, just let me know. All of this (technology) is rather new to me and I'm not sure I will even get this posted. If there's any interest, I suppose the best way is to respond to the post and we can figure out a way to get in contact. Suppose the next step is to hit "submit" and see what happens

Default Re: Here goes nothing

My husband would surely object if I signed on, but what an opportunity!! Can't go, but fish FLAT CREEK for me!!!

And welcome aboard! 'Bout time you started posting!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Welcome fellow newby. I?ll check with the wife and see if she and the kids would mind eating cereal helper for a couple of weeks so that I can go with ya. On second though, maybe not.

If someone can foot the airfare I'm all over it

Welcome aboard and look at that, your post seemed to come up just fine. Its like you've been doing it all your life. Welcome to the best forum/bulletin board around and have fishing in AMAZING country for beautiful wild fish.

Oh, its a great idea to fill out your profile a little bit so we all know your general area. Your handle implies Tennesse. Boy, are there ever some river rats down there that frequent this board. Just be careful, we wouldn't want them to corrupt you. (You'll know when they start posting )
    Leave No Trace

Blog Entries

Add Jackson WY or idaho falls to your title and catch the attention of the locals, you might get a mini fishin going.

Im a little too far away right now or I would jump on the chance

Eric

PS welcome to the board
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

tnriverman,

Welcome to the finest flyfishing site going! When you get a chance PM me and we can fish the Elk River sometime down here in Tullahoma, TN.

Pay no mind to what others hear say about those of us that are from TN, they know that we are here to provide a little "class" to the site!

Oh, by the way, as a new member, you will have to provide the coffee and donuts for the first week!

Enjoy this great site and keep us posted with any questions you may have and by all means, provide your knowledge to any of the other posts.

WELCOME!!!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

First- Welcome aboard! We have a few members in your area and I'm only about 80 miles south. Ever come down and fish the Elk River?

Second- One of our members is currently fishing in Jackson, WY and will be there for the next couple of weeks.

Hello tnriverman,

Welcome aboard! Wish I could join you, but work is getting in the way. Enjoy your trip and report back to us on all the Monsters you catch.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Thanks for all the "welcome aboards" I have a bit of advantage in that I am familiar with many of you from having read the board for a good while. It's nice to meet, even if it is electronically. I will fish Flat Creek--the mahogany duns are supposedly hatching. I will try to uphold the reputation of fellow Tennesseans...if possible And, as soon as I learn a little bit more about this sport, I will even try to contribute. As for next week in Wyoming if you see someone a little confused but very persistent, that's probably me Take care.

Mahogany duns are great, so are the little (20-26) brown tentwing caddis!! Go git 'em!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread