+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro - its ... Me !

Default Intro - its ... Me !

Darrell from up here in Manitoba - I live just outside Winnipeg and have become a fly fishing ...... nut/freek/addict - but no purist - I believe everyone has the right to make their own decision - however wrong it may be This site was one of 2 instrumental sites in getting me fully going. The other is a local fly fishing board out of Winnipeg.

The short of it: After having the equipment 14+ years (using it off and on), finally finding place(s) to answer a few questions, I self taught myself with the info. I also got my son going when he was 7 (ok - he asked to try it). Now - 3 yrs later, I'm fully at it - flyin, tyin, learning still and havin a blast (picking up more equipment). Still have my oldest son with me tying and ffing - he kicked my can last November. Daughter (then 12) also came out with me once last year - brought in 9 beautiful 'bows.

Never thought I'd make it as far as I did. Scripting articles on home waters, offering advice to newcomers ... I think I missed my calling ....... oh well, as long as I can keep enjoying this ... madness and have fun at the same time. I keep things on the lighter side - lifes too serious everywhere else. If I'm upset .. you'll know it. But, we're here .. it'll be FFing.

Our oldest son (2 other boys yet behind him) will be with me in the creeks of the Black Hills next week. Our daughter - not sure ... 'maybe' is all I got - and that's good enough for now.

Anyhow - Hats off to FAOL - it is truly a great informational/instructional site for beginners (and all) to come to.

darrell,
    (yes - at times I tend to babble ..... sorry)

------------------
    a wise man will hear and increase in learning;
    and a man of understanding will acquire wise council

Darrell,

A very warm welcome to the "community" from a fellow Canuk .

The gang here is a blast to exchange with. Respect and dialogue are the order of the day, ... Just like on the river.

Oh, ... don't forget to check out the Angler's Chat which take place every evening.

Tight lines ...

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:656b7]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:656b7]
    Christopher Chin

Most happy to have you to join us!!

Check your other post for BH location!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Another Canuk welcome for ya Darrell !
    (and your other brother Darrell)
    Cheers from the Center of the Universe!
    (Sorry, inside Canadian joke)

DuFf

------------------
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints....

Duff, ...
    ...and your other brother Darrell ...
    (I don't think they get it )

------------------
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:443dc]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:443dc]
    Christopher Chin

"And my other brother Darrell"

Thats from "Newhart", right?

Or is it some strange Canadian thing?

------------------
    **MW**

thanks

fcch - what all you got in them there waters ? How badly am I going to kick myself .... spent time on exercise in Bagotville in ..... carp - can't recall - ('87 or '88 I believe) sending parts up to Frobe. Never got to test the waters for wildlife. But, the wife sees my pics of the area and keeps pesterin me to head east ..... great area ... got into the real poutine (before BK and KFC ruined it).

Hey DuFf - remember - you're on a fault line there too .... what area ?

hey - where's Larry ?

Fishin ice cubes up in Frobe? Great place to get your hands on a polar bear or two, I have a few friends up there right now. Welcome aboard from the Maritimes,Darrel. Hope to see you in the Hut some evening. PS the best poutine/patate sauce fromage I ever had was in Trois Rivieres when I was 12-they use St Hubert BBQ sauce for the gravy. Chris,ever use it??

------------------
    Tight Lines & Big Smiles
    Take A Kid Fishing!!!

[This message has been edited by mcmutt (edited 21 July 2005).]

[This message has been edited by mcmutt (edited 21 July 2005).]
    Take a Kid Fishing. HECK, take ME Fishing(and my kids,LOL)

Darrell,

Hey! You spent time at CFB Bagotville and never saw the sights.

"Associates" from Cold Lake pop over sometimes for Pike on the reservoir from time to time.

We (the family 'n me) do mostly atlantics here, ... but there are tons of lakes, rivers and stream with brookies. We have no Brown's nor 'Bows however

I haven't hunted since moving here from BC in '88 ... too complicated to own a gun here

Check out my home page for pics of the river here

I never had the opportunity to work out with the boyz from CF, ... did other things before GTF was a buzz word

per aspera ad astra

------------------
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:1e6db]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:1e6db]

[This message has been edited by fcch (edited 21 July 2005).]
    Christopher Chin

Darrell,

Welcome aboard. Spent a fair amount of time in Maniotoba when I was younger (much younger). We used to fish the Whiteshell Lake and tribs.

Most of my childhood illnesses were taken care of at the hospital in Winnepeg. (Our local Doctor was also the town drunk.) Just a short drive across the border from Pembina County in North Dakota.

Glad to have you here.

Ron Eagle Elk

+ Reply to Thread