+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idaho Fish-In Steelheaders

Default Idaho Fish-In Steelheaders

Checked in with Poppy at The Red Shed. Water levels are pretty low, but there are fish being caught.

Regular Non-Resident License is $11.50 for the first day and $5 a day after that. Make sure you purchase enough to get you through the whole Fish-In.

In addition to the Non-Resident Permit your also going to need a Steelhead Card which is $31 for three days. Three Rivers Resort says they can sell those as well as the fishing licenses.

Red Shed is also having it's 3d Annual Spey Clave on the 29th. Free BBQ and Mrs. Red Shed's Famous Cookies. Lots of gear to try out, help with spey casting from some real pros. Sure to be informative and fun. I'm picking up fliers on the way to Lowell.

See ya'll in Idaho.

REE and VEE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Idaho Fish-In Steelheaders

Ron I found the red shed on the internet and plan to drop in on the way to Lowell. Do you know of any other flyshops along my route? I am traveling from Spokane - Lewiston-Lowell. From His website I percieve the Red shed to be strictly spey and steelhead. Or does he carry the lighter rods also?
    thanks.

Unfortunately the 29th is when we are having all our events so I will have to pass on the spey clave.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Blog Entries

Gnu Bee
    Traditional sportsman here in Lewiston is nice, good people good attitude. the address is 814 main st. best parking is behind the building then enter through the flower shop next door.

Red shed is worth seeing just to see the amount of stuff in that little shop.

I'm sure there are others along your path but these are the two I'm farmilier with

See you in lowell

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I have the first week of Oct. off. I really wanted to make it to the "shed" for the clave but it is not in the cards. I will be going to the Ronde for a few days that week and likely will take a day to visit Poppy. I owe him a Well's spoon and think I will deliver it in person. If any are in the area of Shumaker's Grade that week look for a lone tent, a dark blue Ford F150 and an old guy throwing line with a 2 hander. There is always coffee in camp and at least a lie or two to tell.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

+ Reply to Thread