+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fun day.

Default A fun day.

Well I went back to the pay to play lake today...payed my money for the fly club and I am back in it. I went down and fished for a few hours later in the day. Had lots of fun! even though I only caught one fish. I took my three weight and my 6 weight.
    Finally was able to try the furled leaders that Fly goddess sent me! MAN!!!! are they ever AWESOME!!!! Holy cow! those things turn over like a feather! JUST AMAZING! thanx again fly goddess!!!!
    Anyways, Here are some shots of my day(narrated none the less) Darn!!! there are two spots on the left that were my FAVORITE spots on the lake last year and they put trees behind so now I have to cast all funky in my favorite spots!!
    The Castwell knot it will be!!!...The Nail knot failed me when I got into a fight with a tree...
    FISH ON!! I caught a small bluegill on my three weight, THEN a 3-4 pound bass comes over and eats it while still on my line! My three weight is bent to the cork!(caught on the furled leader from fly goddess, have no reservations about there strength!!!) Bass eventually dug into the weeds and snapped off my fly.
    Me doing a double haul with 60 feet of line in the air. (with my 6weight)
    God Bless America. They put up a flag at the lake, Pretty cool I think.
    Enjoy.

Default Re: A fun day.

Chris,
    Very Nice Report!!! Made my day!!!!
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Looks like you had a great day flyandtie !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Great shot of the bent rod! I can almost feel that bass tugging! BTW, pretty cool to have a big fish eat the little fish and get hooked himself. Never experienced that one....
    Leave No Trace

Thank you for the kind comments!

Wildone, It's interesting for sure! Definately fun.. This lake is a little over populated with the bigger bass so it happens frequently.

Chris,

You mentioned you had to pay to fish this lake. Is payment for day use or do you pay by the pound?

Looks like a nice place to fish.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Overpopulated with big bass? That must be rough.... hehehe

Very cool shots, f&t!
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Tyrone,
    You can pay by the day, But that gets really expensive at 20.00 a pop. And you have to keep all the fish you catch, as well as 4$ a pound over the 5 lb weight limit
    I go into the fly club they have which is 50.00$ a month, And catch and release only.I love it, I get to fish and not have to take any fish home! (I don't like to eat fish BTW) trout is the main species there, bass are secondary, bluegill and catfish are also in there.

QK, Yeah its a real tuffy having an overpopulation of bass over 2 pounds...it really sucks ya know.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Chris,
    Move up here! We have ALL YOU CAN CATCH Bass!!! FREE!!!!! except for your Res. Fishing License.
    Most of our Bass die of old age and probably never even see a fly or bait! In the Paper today I read that the Warmwater Club in Portland caught 300 Bass in the Willamette River near here. The focus around here is on Trout, Salmon, Sturgeon, Steelhead and hardly anyone fishes for Warmwater Species.
    The Columbia River has like a gazzilion miles of shoreline that holds Largemouth & Smallmouth, Walleye to 20 lbs, Sturgeon that could swallow you WHOLE!!!
    If you want, I will contact a Realtor for you???
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

No thanks. I like the weather to much in cali.

+ Reply to Thread