+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sissy Military....Say it aint so!

Default Sissy Military....Say it aint so!

I know there are several current and past members of the military here and I really hope you guys will clear this up for me.

I heard a guy call in a radio show this morning who was a marine. He said that marines are now being issued "Stress Cards." Supposedly marines, nvay and army in basic can pull a stress card when they feel that the drill sergant is being too mean, or it all just gets too be too much to handle.! I just hope they remember that stress card when the Taliban is cracking shots off in the dark at em.

Please tell me that this isn't true. It sure seems to be like it could be an Urban Legend. Does anyone know for sure??

I did find this online, so hopefully its true. http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Can anyone here verify?
    Leave No Trace

Default Re: Sissy Military....Say it aint so!

My Son was issued a"stress" card the first day of Army bootcamp in Jan of '99. Only one guy used his and he quit before he could finish.

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

Default Re: Sissy Military....Say it aint so!

Urban ledgend for the Air Force for sure, no Idea about the other services, but I am pretty sure that is false also.

We talk to other services and ask them when we all deploy together and they always think we had the cards which is complete bull crap, and they deny it also so its probably not true one bit.

Now it is kinda true in aircrew POW training, this trianing they litterly beat the living crap out of you and just suposed to take it and bite you lip. Now sometimes people get mad and try to fight back or get way overstressed, then the instructor ceses training for a moment called "acidemic timeout" where they tell you what you are doing wrong. After the time out then they start right back into beating you up.

+ Reply to Thread