+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIVE AWAY

Default Re: GIVE AWAY

flyandtie;

I remember my dad telling stories of walking to school for miles in a blizzard in the middle of winter. We don't have to do that any more thank God.

The all caps YELLIN thing goes back to the early days of the bulletin boards when you only had one size and one font in one color to write your message. All caps was used to express anger or other emotion because that was about the only way you could do it. Some of us old guys still react to the old habits. Sorry. We should forget it just like long walks to school in the snow.
    Shaky;

jcntheriver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flyandtie
    Okay, Why is this SUCH A BIG DEAL!?!? I think these guys need to take a break and go fishing. calm down.

Dont jump all over me, Just saying why is it such a big deal?
    heck it`s huntin season JCN

jcntheriver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Normand
    Quote Originally Posted by jcntheriver
    SO WHAT`S UP WITH THE PRIZE FOR LAST MONTH, THE BAMBOO ROD THAT NOBODY CLAIMED?
    jcntheriver
    why are you YELLING???
    new england huh, I lived in New Hampshire for 5 years never did I call it New England

LIVE FREE OR DIE JCN

You guys are FUNNY FUNNY!!!!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wulff
    Oh no. It's the Caps lock Police.

Writing in caps is much easier. It is much easier to read. This old wives tale about it being "yelling" is just absurd. Granted it is "accepted" in computer land(whatever that is) that it is yelling. If they want to write in caps, so be it. We'll be the recipient of larger text that is easier to read.
    Well, I don't really care how people write. However, for me personally, I find it more difficult to read all caps, and I often skip these posts. Same goes for the posts where people don't use proper punctuation and sentence capitalization. It just is harder to read, so I don't always read them, but I get uptight about it.
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread