+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leaky wader problems

Default Leaky wader problems

Last March, after a lot of research and comparison, I bought a pair of Columbia Henry's Fork waders from Cabelas. I wore them only 6 times, and suddenly the one foot sprung a major leak. I took them back to Cablelas ( a two hour drive) and was given another pair. They thought it was a defective sock. Didn't get much fishing time in this summer, so I only had the new waders on about 10 times. I was wading a local stream in search of smallies yesterday, and when I took the waders off, the crotch had leaked. When you looked inside the waders, you could see the inside coating was non-existent along the seam tape. Another 2-hour trip to Cabelas to get another new pair of waders. I have given up on the Columbias, and opted for a pair of Cabelas Guide Tech waders. I hope I've made a wise decision.

Anyone else had problems with Columbia waders, or am I the only one with extremely bad luck?

Anybody have experience with the Guide Tech waders? Have I made a good choice?

Will my luck on the river improve, or am I destined to be a soggy, fishless fly angler?

There. I think I feel better now.

CJ

Default Re: Leaky wader problems

Instead of taking them back to cabela's first, I would have called columbia and asked if they have had problems and what their policies were on repair. Then I could have made only one trip to cabela's if I wanted to exchange them.

Default Re: Leaky wader problems

Buddy of mine has some six years old, only one leak. Yup, in the sock part. Mouse gnawed a hole in it.

+ Reply to Thread