+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you keep your clouser minnows in?

Default Re: What do you keep your clouser minnows in?

I use the Infinite Divider System or Tuff-Tainer from Tap Plastics http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=225&. Prices are good and they work great.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Old video tape boxes w/a strip of foam and double sided tape.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Deezel Guest

Haven't read the posts but has anyone suggested a 'minnow bucket'?

Deezel

Bamboozle took it before you did, Deezel.

Best way to store Clousers and other flies for warmwater and the salt is in the soft-sided binder bags sold for the bass guys to store plastic baits and spinnerbaits in. Utility boxes are no good as your flies will slide around and end up curled over with a perminant bend in them much of the time. By putting each fly into a small plastic ziplock type bag and then stored in the larger zipper bags (sorted by color, pattern, species or whatever) you will fit a million more flies into the same space a few standard fly boxes hold and ALL will be perfectly stored with no damage to them ready at a moments notice. Empty bags and used flies are simply set into the bag to be stored properly after a day on the water with flies rinsed, bagged and dried.

Yes this takes a few more seconds to get your fly out BUT you will be able to carry more, make that far more flies in a small bag and they will be kept in great shape.

I have tried about every box out there and have found this method to be the best (for me) and many who have fished with me have converted to this method after seeing just how slick it is : )

Another great bonus is that rain and boat spray (even salt) will do nothing as all flies are sealed in their bags then the larger zipper bags and YUP it will float if it falls overboard : )

Here is the bag I carry most of my warmwater & saltwater flies in

Here it is open

While it only measures 13" X 11" X 3" it holds hundreds and hundreds of flies. Currently I'd consider it very lightly stocked (too many fish chewing flies that have not been repllaced yet) and yet it currently has over 375 flies in it from 3/4" Glass minnows to 14" Billfish flies in it.

You can get these binders for under $30 and extra bags are like $5 - $8 so it's a cheap investment to store a ton of flies in that can all be seen and quickly accessed. You can get the various sized ziplocks at craft stores or have your local shop order them from Wapsi Fly.

Crash13..........
    I use a C&F Waterproof box model CF-3566.
    They sound like they are pricy but once in Belize I had one fly out of the boat as we were going full bore. (Stupid me had it on the seat next to mine.)
    We turned around and it took us ten minutes to find it floating in the water.
    Considering that it contained about 60 Clousers or approximately $120.00 worth of flies, I consider them worth the price.
    They also greatly inhibit corrosion by sealing out saltwater.
    You can often find them on eBay for much less than MSRP.
    FFF Life Member #22

+ Reply to Thread