Thread: mourning dove?

Default Re: mourning dove?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
    Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    I used to have a friend ...
    Not surprising at all to me.

Joseph the Agitator.
    Joe (Taking things out of context) Valencic,
    The idiot got 'Fired' for stealing from the Company! Also known as biting the hand that feeds thee!
    Doug P.S. What was that Cartoon Dog's name??
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

He is your namesake!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
    He is your namesake!
    Joe,
    I remember the Dog's laugh but not the cartoon it was in! What was it?? Don't make me get on a Plane and come over there!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Joe (a.k.a. Joseph the Agitator),

In response to your question and short lecture: If ya' see someone driving over a cliff and the people around them are telling them that they are o.k., what are you supposed to do... whisper?

I was not shy in my responses. Nor were those responses gray in nature. However, please take note of the fact that I posted the US Code and other websites to substantiate my positions.

I did not claim to be an attorney, nor does one have to be an attorney to understand a little about the law.

On a number of occasions, the subject of possession and utilization of the feathers of migratory birds has been covered in this and other tying forums. Yet individuals persist in passing on their ?opinions? and poor (dangerous?) advice, as opposed to facts, to uninformed tyers. Such false information can put the uninformed in legal peril.

An example of this was Daren?s statement: ?The thing I seem to notice of doves is that they do not seem to be migratory. They are present year around in most parts of the country. Since your posting of the law indicates 'Migratory' birds, then that would seem to make these birds perfectly legal.? After such a statement, I posted BIRDS PROTECTED BY THE MIGRATORY BIRD TREATY ACT - List of Migratory Birds : http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/intrn ... tandx.html On that list, one will find morning doves listed a migratory bird under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. This is a fact and is not changed by Daren's "opinion" that the doves around his house don't qualify as migratory birds and "seem to make these birds perfectly legal.?

Rather that lecture me on my literary skills, wouldn?t your self professed agitatory leanings be better utilized to lampoon such opinion statements like Darens' and to support those who are attempting to keep your fellow tyers from unknowingly breaking a federal law that could resulting in large fines and jail time?

I guess that in the end, if ya' don't like my selected utilization of quotations and capitals... then please pass over my postings.

Thanks,

Bowfin47

P.S.

However, in spite of the above, I do appreciate your signature ?Life Member ? FFF? and support for a great organization.
    Never trust quotes you find on the internet.
    Thomas Jefferson

In Arkansas any animal taken legally can be given away with a fish & game form. The feather from a Bald Eagle can only be possessed by a native American. If you can hunt it, you own it, be it feathers or skin. When in doubt call the state F&G office.

bowfin47,

Nobody was driving over a cliff. Opinions and dialog were being exchanged. The use of caps and a series of exclamations, when posting on the Internet, is more often than not viewed as a sign of anger and/or screaming to get a point across. When our children acted out like that, they were corrected and the behavior was either changed or they were sent to their room to "think about their actions."

Since bringing this to your attention brought about a confrontational response, and I cannot send you to your room, I like your suggestion to ignore you rather than to dialog/argue with you. Consider it done.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Okay.... so I shoot a dove, use it for my OWN PERSONAL USE, and it's illegal? Horse hockey. I am fully aware of the laws concerning bird feathers and parts!
    I guess I'll lurk more, post less, and ask questions to the guys in the chatroom... those guys are actually nice. Thank you very much to those who posted helpful info!
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

8. Default Re: mourning dove?

no no no. . .shoot a dove legally and you can legally use its feathers! simple as that. However, if you are dressing trout flies, and seek soft-hackle-type feathers, try to get your hands on bobwhite quail, valley (california) quail, ruffed grouse, hungarian partridge feathers--these four birds will give you a very nice selection of colors and patterns of small feathers for collars, throats, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by quivira kid
    Okay.... so I shoot a dove, use it for my OWN PERSONAL USE, and it's illegal? Horse hockey. I am fully aware of the laws concerning bird feathers and parts!
    I guess I'll lurk more, post less, and ask questions to the guys in the chatroom... those guys are actually nice. Thank you very much to those who posted helpful info!
    Most positively don't ask wether you can have permission to shoot a dove! That's between you and your State Regs. DON'T give up on the BB!!! NORMALLY, we don't have 'Dove Arguments'
    Doug

Normand Guest

anybody wanna go fishin???

+ Reply to Thread