+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my winter is taken

Default my winter is taken

Boy is winter going to be fun this year. I am now on a day shift at work with 4 10's and 3 days off in a row so to help pass the time I decided to start building rods and tying furled leaders. Going to buy Kathy's DVD and go for the gusto. Was yard selling yester day and found a huge roll of thread to furl with. It has about 20,000 yards of thread on it so this should be interesting. got all my suppliers lined up for the rods and may even attempt a bamboo just for fun. Oh yea can't forget the fly swaps either. I am looking forward to the cold weather.

Default Re: my winter is taken

HarleyBob87,

Great minds think alike. I just ordered Kathy's dvd last week and have been picking the brains of the rod builders here on the Rod Building: Cane and Graphite section of the bb. This winter I plan on building my first fly rod and as soon as Kathy's dvd arrives will be twisting the night away.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

nighthawk Guest

Default Re: my winter is taken

I have been working that very same schedule for almost 4 years now. I love it but it means rise and shine at 3:30a.m. then get home about 5:30-6:00p.m. Now you all know why I don't post so much on this board as I used to. Wednesday-Sunday with the odd O.T. on Mondays. That extra day off comes in real handy during the hunting seasons here in Pa. Since I work for the D.o.D. that means I get 4 days off for Monday holidays.

Give yourself time to get used to the schedule and I think you will like it. I get to fly fish with a lot of retired fly fishers. My type of crowd.

+ Reply to Thread