+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Steelhead swap

Default Re: Steelhead swap closed. Lets get tying.

this is a special fly that I designed for a friend of mine who escaped from an evil and hellish situation in a foreign country. The design is special to her and to me.

Default Re: Steelhead swap: still waiting on 2 sets

Sorry guys I still dont have the internet at home to keep you updated. Even if I did I'm still waiting on two patterns. I can send the ones I have so far or you can wait for me to recieve the other two sets. Its up to you. I'll check on monday to see what you want me to do. Check the first page to see which sets are not recieved yet.

my rule when I run swaps is that flies rec'd after the due date are sent back. Folks who do not keep the deadline are eliminated from the swap. No sense having a due date if you are not going to abide by it.

If they are going to send them I can wait. But we did have a little run of steelies with all the rain we had. They will be going in and out of the trib, till later in Sept.

You should have got mine by now i sent them awhile ago.

The responsibility for the delay lies with me. Things have been insanely busy around here lately, and I had a brain freeze. My flies for this swap have been sitting on my desk all ready to go for some weeks now. Unfortunately I had somehow gotten it into my head that the due date was mid September, not mid August. I kept looking at them and thinking I should get them in the mail. When I finally stopped procrasinating, and opened the thread for the swapmeister's address, I was quite chagrined to find I was already long overdue. My flies have been sent expidited mail and should arrive presently. I threw myself on the mercy of the swapmeister, and he graciously allowed me to continue to participate in this swap. For that I say thank you sparkymat. To my fellow swappers please accept my apologies for having a rather extended brain malfunction. I look forward to seeing everyone's flies. My contribution is a western winter fly called the Fall Favorite. The recipe is as follows.

Hook: Tiemco TMC 7999 #2
    Thread: Black UNI 6/0
    Body: Size 10 flat silver tinsel
    Wing: Hot Orange Bucktail(or polar bear{where one would find a hot orange polar bear is beyond me })
    Hackle Collar: Red Schlappen(The recipe I relied on called for saddle hackle, "long and very soft". After consulting with folks who know more than I about this style of fly, I went with the schlappen)
    Head: Black thread coated with brush on Krazy Glue.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

good post, Sagittarius. Thanks. I should think all of the flies would be in by now. It will be great to see them and and fish with them.

Sagittarius, I got your flies today. They look great. They were worth waiting for. Vtfisher, Im still waiting on yours, Ill leave your fate up to the rest of the people in this swap. Continue to wait or send them without the last one. EVERYONE please give me your answer. Thanks.

Default Re: Steelhead swap

wait because he said he shipped them well over a week ago. Perhaps they were lost.

Default Re: Steelhead swap

Let's give vtfisher an opportunity to follow up with the P.O. Maybe things can get straightened out in a few days.

+ Reply to Thread