+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sage's new TCR lines

Default Sage's new TCR lines

3rd attempt

Any feedback on their new lines and lengths.......?> just curiuos and too tired to write everything for third time.

This might be a good start! [url=http://www.sageflyfish.com/flash/home.shtml:69a84]http://www.sageflyfish.com/flash/home.shtml[/url:69a84]

------------------
    Norm

A little effort on your end reaps just rewards.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

[This message has been edited by flytire (edited 11 October 2004).]

I'm sorry about that ...I was having a hard time with the computer and really didn't think that message would go through since the other two didn't. Plus I was feeling the effects of the Seahawk debacle. JC your Q's and A's are always better then mine...and I always appreciate your input...and I know you use the 8 weight TCR for Salmon .

Any ways...yes they are a superb stiff rod...but I was wondering with the new length the 6 weight 9'6" and 7 10' if they might have a softer tip....making it more suitable for closer fishing distances (and a tad bit softer)I mean in the 40-60 foot range by closer.....I know this rod was designed for the 70' plus distance fishing. Usually has a rod gets longer there is more flex thus easier to load....Just curious if anyone tried out one of these new TCR rods and if you found them to be a tad bit softer or what

My thinking might be wrong here but the TCR 10' 7 weight might be comparable to the 9' 7 weight XP......I find the 10 footer XP's to soft (for me) but love the action of the 9 footers ...but would like that extra foot.

I know I will have to try one out....but if off base here please let me know? Thanks

[This message has been edited by hopped porter (edited 11 October 2004).]

[This message has been edited by hopped porter (edited 11 October 2004).]

Thanks JC

I'm looking at the 967-4 TCR (SW Grip) or 7' 10 weight for some light saltwater use plus summer Steelhead on the PNW rivers including Oregon. Thinking about this seems perfect....fast but semi flex in tip. Don't get me wrong.... I really like the 691-4 TCR but believe maybe the extra 6" give it a little more loading and flexibilty at closer range or maybe the 7 weight is what I need. I will of course try out myself but would like pointers from any of you w/ experience.

As always it is a personal decision but there are several people who have input on this board ...and I think I am within a page or two of them on their opinions....including JC.

Thanks

Hmmmmmmmm. A special line for the rod that most people can't cast.

Benjo, nothing 'new' about that - there are a lot of rods out there that 'someone' can't cast. I recall a specific situation a while back about a very nice 6 ft. one piece cane rod a person hated because he couldn't cast it. I highly suspect the new Sage 00 is another rod which a lot of people will not be able to cast comfortably (or at all). Is that where different strokes for different folks comes from?

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Sorry about the 7 weight 10' footer .....temporary dyslexia ).pS?( .... I was curious if you had any input regarding longer length TCR rods after visiting Sage. And I'm glad to hear you will be around to see many green bananas turn yellow.

What you talkin bout' Willis? I should have said that it's funny that they need a special line so average Joe can actually get the sucker to load. It'd be interesting to put that TCR line on the good ol' grain scale and see what weight line it really is. As far as the fact that it's 110 feet long, by all means introduce me to someone who's casting 110 with accuracy and consistency in real life fishing situations and I will call them "Master".

Do I have to have one?

Don't know what you've been smoking Benjo, but the question was about a line of rods...
    not a flyline for rods. Opps.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

+ Reply to Thread