+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Of Conduct (On BB)

Default Code Of Conduct (On BB)

Well, it's time to get something off my chest! It's about how we communicate on the BB.
    (Just MY Opinion)
    1. Communicating with the written word isn't that effective sometimes. Don't give up and be patient with others.
    2. Even if you get mad! calm down before you (I) respond. That's not easy to do.
    3. If you find yourself in a quarrel, then pull the plug by taking the dispute to the PM Service.
    4. While PM'ing the advisary, DO NOT Cuss, Swear, Call Names or anything like that since you will be digging your own grave (eviction from FAOL)
    5. Be Humble and NOT Prideful since the latter is worthless as far as learning.
    6. Remember! When talking to people from other parts of our country and other countries, be a little sensitive to them! As far as their concerned you might be off your rocker! TRY to explain yourself the best you can and it might be very rewarding! (Don't ask me what the heck I'm talking about! )
    7. Remember to be Opinionated in a positive manner. Don't be Defensive, but Offensive Example; Nobody is telling me what the FACTS ARE! compared to This is what I Know and I'm OPEN to your thoughts!
    8. Do the Best you can to SIMPLIFY your Posts. This will pay off with good replies and you won't get backlash from people that don't understand WHAT your talking about!
    9. SUPPORT one another!! Give people support and it will come back to you!
    10. This is a very SIMPLE premise! IF You get into a Dispute with a Member, then APOLOGIZE to them!!!!!!
    WHY? because if you don't, you could lose your privleges on FAOL BB! That's not so hard is it???
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Code Of Conduct (On BB)

[url=http://www.thesmilies.com:15179][/url:15179]

Now What are you talking about again????[url=http://www.thesmilies.com:15179][/url:15179][url=http://www.thesmilies.com:15179][/url:15179]

nighthawk Guest

Great post, Doug. The only thing I would add is for folks to stop being easily offended by opinions that are posted in posts that are hot button topics that ask for opinions.

Eric,
    That is a good suggestion! One of my unwritten rules is DO NOT Post on a Hot Button Topic!
    I haven't stuck to this 100% but I'm striving for it. Sometimes a Poster is very upset about something and they are just getting their frustrations out! We don't need to say stuff like 'Hang the Bum!' or that's DESPICABLE! OUTRAGEOUS! ONE person is mad or frustrated, not everyone!
    For example, if I post a opinion/statement post I'm fine with no replies! I'm not trying to drum up support for a cause.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

There are posts I avoid because of their potentially volatile nature. Now let's go fishing!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    There are posts I avoid because of their potentially volatile nature. Now let's go fishing!
    Mike

Doug,

You did not mention the proper way to Hijack a post.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    There are posts I avoid because of their potentially volatile nature.
    Those are the FUN posts. Sorry, sometimes my evil twin takes over.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

"Those are the FUN posts. Sorry, sometimes my evil twin takes over. "

For sure ...there were a couple in the last few weeks that were wearing out my refresh button

+ Reply to Thread