+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rods for girls the ad says

Default rods for girls the ad says

Does this mean a fella can't have one. I like the purple. [url=http://www.yagersflies.com/yagers/flygirlflyrods.html:76baf]http://www.yagersflies.com/yagers/flygirlflyrods.html[/url:76baf]

Gardenfish,

Boy I can think of a few punchlines but I think the manufacturers marketing people would not like them, and I know that this sites' administrators wouldn't. (-;

Allan

I wonder if I can talk my wife into letting me get one. For my 5yr old daughter, is what I meant to say.

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

flyingcarp--

thats funny you said that, because i was thinking the exact same thing while reading that advertisement.

at $150 bucks, it seems worth it for my 6 yr old...

I just showed this to my wife. She said, "It's beautiful?". Hmmmm...

Three of our club saw these rods at the Toronto Sportsman?s Show in March. Aside from the colour there are 3 features that make these rods excellent for small streams (for anyone). The handles are smaller in circumference and seem appropriate for delicate casts, not distance. The rods are short, and therefore lighter, for their line weight. The rods are somewhat soft and therefore don't need a lot of power to load. The real surprises in the W&McG line however are the waders, wading jackets, and chest packs... we are watching for them next year in the shops.

I don't know what the rod casts like but at $179 ($149 at close out) the warranty is not that great.

The first year it's unconditional, which is great, but after that it's only 4 more years with conditions:

"if the defect is determined by our technicians to be due to normal wear and tear, accident, neglect or misuse, they can be repaired or replaced at a reasonable cost."

Not covered for normal wear and tear? I wonder what reasonable cost is? I wonder why they are being closed out by that seller?

------------------
    Joe

These have been out for a couple of years. I was very disappointed with the limitations of the product.

1. I have extremely small hands (just call me stubby) and yet a standard freshwater cigar grip is very comfortable. So, why do they need to have a smaller grip?

2. Not one rod that is 9 ft. and all in light line weights. So, most light line weight rods that are between 7'-8.5' are light anyway. So, why do we need a ladies rod in that size?

For many years I've been an advocate of ladies rods for the salt. I'm not talking about a Winston Joan Wulff 7 wt! I'm talking about 9 & 10 wt., full wells grip in a decently fast saltwater rod. No one, and I mean no one, makes them.

For saltwater rods I have 2 choices. Full custom is one and I do have a custom 10 wt. The second, and the method I use most, is to buy a production rod and take it to a local rod maker and get the grip turned down.

The only thing I can say is "pffft".

Two of my wifes' (Dianna aka WW-I & Kim aka WW-II) boths favorite color was purple. Come to think of it.......three (Debbie,also- nick name pending).

[This message has been edited by mwebb (edited 15 July 2005).]

SW Lady:

Try the Sage Xi2 9 wt and file the grip down. It is a very light rod.

MWebb: It doesn't say in your profile that you reside in Utah. How did you pull it off?

+ Reply to Thread