+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In from RonMT

Default In from RonMT

Just letting you folks know that I will not be on much for a while. We got flooded out and I lost just about everything. My computer, fly tying room, reloading equipment. Well you get the idea. It is going to take me a while to bounce back from this. We are getting bids now and the first one was for over 70 grand. I won't go into details but it was a city contractors fault so we are having to sue the city. They graded the road wrong after installing a new sewer line and it caused the water from a bad thunderstorm go go right through our house. Anyway I will be back when I get back. I do not have an e-mail so Just post to me on the baord and I will try and read it when I can. Thanks for being a friend. Montana Misses you two. God Bless. Ron

It isn't just the hurricanes! We are so sorry to hear about this - our thoughts are with Ron and his wife. By the way, this was in Livingston MT

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Jim Slattery Guest

Ron,
    Sorry to hear this . Hopefully you will be able to salvage some of your materials. It's wierd , Mary Dette had her supply room flooded out. It took her about a month to get everything cleaned.Sounds like you are worse off . That's a shame. My prayers are with you and your wife to get through this .
    If you need some materials to get you going again, I'd be more then willing to help you get back on solid ground.
    Jim

Ron,

I am very sorry to hear about what happened to you. While I hope you will manage to get as fair a settlement as able to, I also realize it will never manage to compensate for what you lost. Hang in there, m'friend.

Best of regards,
    Hans W

------------------
    === You have a friend in Low Places ===
    http://www.danica.com/flytier
    ===================== You have a Friend in Low Places ======================
    Hans Weilenmann, The Netherlands
    http://www.flytierspage.com
    ================================================== ==============

Too bad all those very expensive and irreplaceable bamboo rods were damaged beyond repair in the flood and had to be thrown away. They must have been worth at least 25 grand in addition to all of the other damage.....Didn't you also lose at least $2500 worth of flies that floated into never never land?

I was missing Ron and was wondering why he wasn't on line...I'm very sorry to hear what happened but at least it wasn't a health problem...I hope there's a silver lining somewhere for you , Ron.

------------------
    Respect Your Elders!

Ron

Hang in there. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hopefully not all is lost and some of your gear will still be serviceable.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Ron--

i wish you all the best for a speedy and reasonable recovery. it is a shame that a city project has caused such loss for you and your family. hopefully between insurance and lawsuit settlements, some of your losses can be regained.

however, i am most sorry for the materials, equipment and fond memories you have lost because of another person's carelessness. alot of these things are priceless and irreplaceable, and that is a shame.

best of luck to you,
    Chris

Very sorry to hear of your bad fortune. We have a reloader we'd like to part with when you're ready.

Ron,

So sorry to hear about your problem. Have various bits and pieces of "stuff" hanging around my little tying desk and be happy to ship some your way. Seriously - put up a list and let the FAOL family help. I know you may be able to recover in dollar bills; but, if you have to sue the city it'll probably be a long contested drawn out process and you need to get back in the fishing-tying etc. business ASAP. Probably now also a good time to suggest that folks not only list; but, take some digital or video photos and/or tapes of your set ups, equipment, etc. for possible future insurance purposes. keep us posted on your progress.

+ Reply to Thread