+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL

Default NFL

I know that I'll get hammered for this but....

Is anyone else already sick and tired of football? I swear it just ended like...last week. Usually, I'm a huge fan and love watching. For some reason though, I'm already tired of it. I've only watched one full game and I'm just spent. I guess that is ok cause it just means I'll have more time to fish this fall!
    Leave No Trace

Default Re: NFL

I was that way with baseball, but I calmed down more as the season progressed.
    College Football is my favorite!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

What is the NFL and this football thing

Your team musta lost.... I'm psyched up for the regular season to get underway...

GO STEELERS

Go Terry! Go Franco!! and my favorite! MEAN Joe Greene!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark k
    What is the NFL and this football thing
    I'm with Mark. I could care less if all pseudo-professional sports were eliminated, and the prima-donnas with numbers on their work clothes were forced to get a real job for real paycheck. I don't care how good you are at what you do, no kid fresh out of college is worth the insane salaries that their agents are getting for them, and not a one of them is smart enough to negotiate for themselves. Our education system panders to these underachievers who can can kick butt on a field of play, at the expense of kids who would appreciate a good education and make a worthwhile contribution to the job market and society. $20 million for 4-5 years, and the bozos go out and snort drugs, take steroids and gamble on dog and chicken fights. These are role models? I sure would not want my kid to join the ranks of those low lifes. And some of you actually pay your hard-earned dollars to sit in a stadium and watch this? I'm almost 57 and I have NEVER bought a ticket to a professional sporting event, nor do I plan to any time soon.

I digress, and will prepare to go fishing. BTW, Dad never bought one either, but took his sons out every weekend to hunt & fish.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

ONE Football game is one too many for me. I don't care for it & never have.

I LOVE baseball though and when the season is over I'm pretty much done with all sports until Spring Training.

Hey there Joe V,
    What if I told you MY son was professional football player, would THAT ring a familiar bell??

Mark

The NFL is what it is. Large fast guys who can play one game very well.

Our family, me, my wife, son, daughter in law--their girls; my daughter and her husband--their daughter go to lots of high school games--football, basketball.

I'm a big fan of my William Jewell Cardinals. Small college football and basketball (small college sports) are great. These are kids, playing at the next level, without scholarships, because they like to play the game.

I love all the college games----I get a big kick out of the Chiefs---and Matt and I adopted the Bears, when we lived in St. Louis in the mid 1980s.

I'm busy with high school and college football and basketball until next spring.
    "You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    Hey there Joe V,
    What if I told you MY son was professional football player, would THAT ring a familiar bell??

Mark
    Mark,

No, it would not ring a bell for me, since I do not follow sports and could not even tell you who the starting QB is for the Cleveland Browns, which is my home team. If your son is a pro football player, I'm sure you are very proud of him and I wish him a long and healthy career. Hopefully he paid attention in college and got a good education before joining the pro ranks.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread