Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Think You have problems? (Not Flyfishing)

Default Re: Think You have problems? (Not Flyfishing)

Every part of Society has its problem people. But I would rather stand tall and proud with the likes of them, than the likes of idiots like you. And you tell ME to grow up?!?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

My point was that the "brotherhood of all cops" is a weak excuse to take offense when it is OBVIOUS none was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMallard
    My point was that the "brotherhood of all cops" is a weak excuse to take offense when it is OBVIOUS none was intended.
    SilverMallard,
    You know I've noticed your a well spoken person, but with that comes responsibility to measure all those words. Even I'm not DUMB enough to go after a woman!!!!
    Good Luck!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    SilverMallard,
    You know I've noticed your a well spoken person, but with that comes responsibility to measure all those words. Even I'm not DUMB enough to go after a woman!!!!
    Good Luck!
    Doug
    That woman came after ME.

SilverMallard,
    As you well know, I've commented favorably on your eloquence in the past. This time ,however, I must say your statement regarding police officers is just plain stupid. Mincing words in your justification isn't helping you at all. It's not my place to suggest you should apologise for a temporary lapse in judgement but I will take my chances and suggest that you do just that.
    But if you feel that strongly and stand on your statement, perhaps a bumper sticker with THOSE words .........................You can even put the word "MOST" in italics so "they" won't misunderstand.

Mark

There will be no apology forthcoming. I was personally attacked for stating an opinion in FAVOR of higher pay for law enforcement in a slightly "poetic" way, but it was totally GENERIC and not targeting any individual. Betty even cursed me in her first retort, which is totally not allowed on this website.

Only a fool would imagine my going after anyone. I took umbrage at the statement made pertaining to most cops being morons. No matter where they are. They take an oath to Serve and Protect. Even the likes of you. You may want to thank them.

And when did I possibly curse you?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    SilverMallard,
    Good Luck!
    Doug
    That woman came after ME.
    HEY Buddy!,
    I don't know what planet you were born on, but if you show ANY respect for ANYONE, it should be for a woman who has integrity, honestly is a GREAT Person and could kick your butt!
    You mentioned that Cop who shot himself in the foot?? Well How Ironic!!
    P.S. "There will be NO apology forthcoming" YOUR STILL SHOOTING???
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I have a totally different definition of a great woman, Dshock. Defend her all you want to. It changes nothing. It's all here in black and white.

Betty, you have TWO words censored out by the filter in your first response. One was a reference to a "sorry" part of my anatomy. Furthermore, phrases like "even the likes of you" have been common in both your and your henchman Dshock's posts. And these comments are ...again...OBVIOUSLY denigrating toward the subject. These elements of both of your posts do NOT address my word choice or message. They address ME...personally...in a derogatory and combative manner.

And the funniest part of the whole thing is that this assault was launched in response to a post I made in which I pointed out that some poor schmuck who wanted to be a cop couldn't possibly repay student loans on what he makes if he goes to work in MO's third largest city. FYI, St. Louis is just as pathetic. Most cops in Missouri's larger communities live below the poverty level, but need a college degree to get the job. MY point is that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. And if we keep this nonsense up for another 2 decades, we're all going to be horribly disillusioned by the results.

And, for this, I get cussed by the self-appointed den mother of the Fraternal Order of Police?

I have a totally different definition of a great woman, Dshock. Defend her all you want to. It changes nothing. It's all here in black and white.

Betty, you have TWO words censored out by the filter in your first response. One was a reference to a "sorry" part of my anatomy. Furthermore, phrases like "even the likes of you" have been common in both your and your henchman Dshock's posts. And these comments are ...again...OBVIOUSLY denigrating toward the subject. These elements of both of your posts do NOT address my word choice or message. They address ME...personally...in a derogatory and combative manner.

And the funniest part of the whole thing is that this assault was launched in response to a post I made in which I pointed out that some poor schmuck who wanted to be a cop couldn't possibly repay student loans on what he makes if he goes to work in MO's third largest city. FYI, St. Louis is just as pathetic. Most cops in Missouri's larger communities live below the poverty level, but need a college degree to get the job. MY point is that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. And if we keep this nonsense up for another 2 decades, we're all going to be horribly disillusioned by the results.

And, for this, I get cussed by the self-appointed den mother of the Fraternal Order of Police?
    SilverMallard,
    OK! You convinced me FINALLY!! Your a VERY UN HAPPY Person! But YOUR SPECIAL!! I'm sorry I didn't notice that earlier! You want to be 'Treated' Xtra Special! Maybe we could have a Special Appreciation Day for YOU!
    So keep being insulting, negative and a bore, since your talented in that Area.
    Doug

Closed Thread