+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cuttbow

Default Cuttbow

got a nice one out of the stream that runs thru town. I had never seen one before. Excepting for the orange cuts it looked exactly like the rainbows I have been pulling out of the river. This was extra fun because I was using my Horrocks-Ibbotson 6'8" fiberglass rod strung with W3WF and my new Marryat CMR reel. It took a fly I tie with dark brown hackle (spider fashion) with a body of that purple plastic stuff one finds onions and avocados and fruit and such in at the store. Twisted onto the hook it has a neat texture. I have caught many fish on that fly. What a blast I am having just three or four blocks from my home.

Sweet!!!

------------------
    Official Flyfishing gear tester. Liscense # OUCI12

gardenfish--

i know exactly what you mean. i have a canal behind my house. while im fishing, my wife can stick her head out the kitchen window, and we can have a conversation. ive also pulled lots of nice trout, including a 6lb. cuttbow.

tyflier, it sounds more like you live in Bishop than Mammoth? I've pulled a few nice fish out of the canals in Bishop and Big Pine and some of the little lakes in the valley.

------------------
    Joe

as a matter of fact, i do. i moved this past april from mammoth to bishop. the owens valley is great like that. if the water moves, there is definately trout in it, and usually quality size .

guess i should change that in my profile, eh?

[This message has been edited by tyflier (edited 11 July 2005).]

some of us are blessed, eh? TOday two somethings hammered my flies, bent the rod into the water and that was that. Love it!

Just curious if you guys REALLY appreciate your proximity to GREAT fishin or do you just take it for granted ? I have to drive about 300 miles for decent fishin and 500 for good fishing. My mouth waters at the thought of having a trout stream at my back door. Lucky You!

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

yes, marco, i absolutely appreciate to the fullest, the proximity of my trout waters. within 1 hour i can hit approximately 30 lakes and 70 streams/rivers. and as i said, every piece of moving water has good trout in it.

the best part is being able to get my kid out there, and not have to worry about "i wanna go home, now.", because, she can see home...

Appreciate? I am delirious! Fly fishing is am important part of my life, my health, my well-being. I NEED to be out in the boonies even if they are only minutes away. Last night I fished four long riffles in a quarter mile stretch of the river. Marco, I wish you could have been with me to soak it in and to see what I saw, to feel what I felt and to catch a few fish as well. It seems that my little river is restoring itself and I am thankful.

+ Reply to Thread