+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remember the bears?

Default Re: Remember the bears?

bears? what bears?
    you'd have to go for a while before you found a bear here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
    A bear is only news around here if it is in your backyard. Otherwise it is just part of the landscape.
    Yep I know how that goes.

Had a Ranger in Yellowstone stopping cars to say there was a Griz feeding on a carcass about 100 yards off the road and that cars were not allowed to stop along the road for the next 1/4 mile.
    I just laughed and said that I had seen more than my share of bears and had no intention of stopping to see and take a picture of another . The look on the Ranger's face was priceless. I would guess that he hadnt heard that line before. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I would bet a whole lot of money that I had been a whole lot closer to a bear than him.

In all seriousness, bears are very cool animals and I have a lot of respect for them. I can remember every time I have seen a bear in the backcountry. Funny that I saw more bears on the East Coast than I have seen in MT and WY.
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Canada NO??? It is not that bad, you just have to pick your Canadian spots.

I have never seen a bear while out salmon fishing, although I have seen the steamy piles of do-do and the paw prints on my bosses new truck so they were close. I did see one once at the camp I was fishing out of that was doing something real creative to a Coleman Cooler to get at the air that was inside (we had emptied it and put the food away). Typically where I go you have to bat the moose out of the way so you can cast.

Those little black bears won't bother you .....much.....(unless you are partial to playing with their cubs), typically they run away. DOn't know anything about Grizzlies though, they are a western thing and they can have them.

Dwight

Yogi is kind of cool.

OK ... I'll put NB back on my list! But I'm wavering about West Virginia! Oh, wait, that'd be Virginia, for the Skyline Drive and the BR Parkway!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread