+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great customer service at Outcast boats!

Default Great customer service at Outcast boats!

Last May while fishing the central Washington lakes before the Fish-in, I had a serious bladder problem while out on Dry Falls lake. No, NOT too much beer while wearing waders, but a leaky bladder in one of the pontoons on my Fishcat IV float tube! Upon examination, one of the rubber gaskets in the valve was cracking, and upon examination of Ken's boat, his gaskets were almost cracked through also. The guy at the Ephrata NAPA store, along with the local policeman who hanging out chatting, were patient and helped find a gakset that fit. Not a perfect solution though, since the new gasket was round, and the original was flat. contacted Outcast

I contacted Outcast bpats last week to order replacement gaskets and spares for both boats, and sent a picture of the problem area so they'd know what was happening and what gasket to replace. The package arrived 3 days later, and contained 8 brand new valve assemblies. When i emailed and asked how much I owed them, the jist of what they said was that while certain parts on any float tube naturally wear out, those gaskets were not one of them, and everything was free, including th extra 4 as spares and free shipping!

This is year #3 on those boats, with lots of hard use. That kind of customer service is what builds brand loyalty with consumers--it sure worked for me!

DANBOB

Default Re: Great customer service at Outcast boats!

awesome.good to see a big company take care of individuals like they are the priority.

im in the process of patching a pinhole in my pontoon,which will work until i order a spair set of bladders.

they totaly fast patch jonb's .... my budy has fat cat 1v delexe he goes there at lake neart here.
    like 8 bladders in summer and uses air hose to kkkep afloat .
    they havent fixed him yet someting wrong with his tube blader seams keep leakin at age of tube it should be new tube not a patch job.
    tube is in second season on lake.

Most companies will replace items like that. Heck I know NFO has replaced several bladders from people over inflating them for free.
    Speaking of which, I had the "O" ring on my Renzetti give out after several years of use. I contacted Renzetti and asked what size they were and where could I get some. They sent me 5 with no charge. That one lasted almost 10 years, so I figure I am good for life now.

When we stupidly inflated ours at sea level, then took it over a 3000 foot pass and it blew up,,, it never occurred to ask the company to replace it. I just bought a new bladder. Hard to figure some folks and what they expect of companies. No wonder prices are so high, we are all paying for others stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    When we stupidly inflated ours at sea level, then took it over a 3000 foot pass and it blew up,,, it never occurred to ask the company to replace it. I just bought a new bladder. Hard to figure some folks and what they expect of companies. No wonder prices are so high, we are all paying for others stupidity.
    Been like that for years. It'll be like that for years to come.
    "If opera is entertainment, then falling off the roof is transportation".

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    I was fortunate this never happened to me because more than once my tube was inflated but not all the way and when we got to the lake it was!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread