+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta love TFO

Default Gotta love TFO

I just bought a new TFO TICRX 5wt.
    Definitely not the prettiest rod I've had but
    A really interesting action feels really under loaded until i have 20-25 feet of line in the air then look out because it really
    starts to show its stuff.I usually fish St.Croix Lengend Ultras but I might have to look at TFO again for a 7 or 8 wt. for pitching streamers.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

I am a happy TFO owner myself. As a matter of fact I will probably continue to buy TFO's. My 3 weight is Awesome feeling and I just love it. They also totally stand by the warranty. I noticed a scratch on the rod from the retailer that cut it out of the packaging. I called TFO and said my pole had a cut out scratch and I'm going fishing this weekend. The nice lady I spoke to offered to overnight me a new one with no questions asked. Totally awesome customer support. Oh, she wasn't going to make me pay for anything also.

yep my tfo 5 weight is great in every situation. I use it for pike fishing,bass fishing and even fishing in trout creeks.Very versatile indeed. Great value also
    yung

I really enjoy my 4wt 2pc TFO, but I wish they had made it a DOWN locking reel seat instead of the UP locking style. Now the rod has a 2 inch butt which interferes with my casting. (The line gets wrapped or caught on the butt while fishing)Very Irritating. Otherwise a very good value and casts very nicely. With the lifetime warranty, do you think they would swap me a rod?

Just bought my TFO Professional Series 4pc 5wt about a month ago. I have traveled with it twice out west and have taken it up north to MI giving it a thorough break in. It can really punch into the wind out west and it can also handle the smaller rivers and creeks of MI. Great rod for the $ plus you cant beat the warranty. No more 300 dollar rods for me unless its bamboo

To all the TFO'ers!!!!
    Seege

Just bought a TiCR X 8 wt. I can't wait to get it. I love them!! Best rod out there for the $

------------------
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."

6 posts on TFO and the word Korea doesn't appear once. This is scary

jmccall, A good rod is a good rod, where ever it comes from. So thats not a concern here. I have a 2wt series one and I just ordered a 4wt, and I cant wait till I get it.

I don't like the made in Korea deal either but let's face it. It's a great rod for the money. Tell all the American companies to build use better rods for a better price and I will buy them. it's not any differen't from using anything else like buying a Chevy or Ford built in Canada or Mexico.

I've dissed my 6 wt Pro Series for sometime but I'm done. I just purchased some full sinking line (Teeny Signature Streamer Line)and I have been giving the rod quite a workout. It really handles the line quite well and almost effortlessly throws very tight loops. I actually get better loops with the sinking line than I do with XXD.

+ Reply to Thread