+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: danvise extension arm

Default danvise extension arm

just wondered how many of u have the extension and how much does it help. also where did you get yours. the danvise is somewhat a bulky vise, when tying with 18 and smaller. also the extension would be nice with longer streamers. i have read somewhere that the jaws are switched so that it fits? by that i mean the hook sz adjustment screw is now toward u if u are a righty. will call the local shop to see if they have them or can get them. i doubt it though cause they don't carry danvises.
    i do have the vise, just want the extension

thanks
    WWFF

Default Re: danvise extension arm

Hey, Warm Water....go direct to Al Beatty... sponsor here and he'll take care of you ....both the extension and explaining the setup....

3. Default Re: danvise extension arm

I got one for mine and it's SO much better now. I got mine straight from Al, think it was like $20 or so, about a year ago. I'm a righty and the adjustment screw is still on the far side of the jaws

it works really well. I wish the vise was made that way in the first place. Here is how much I like it. I lucked upon a Renzetti traveler for a pittance, tried it and went back to the Danvise with extension. I sold the Renzetti.

how much more space does it give u? (how far are the jaws with the extension from where they were without the extension)

thanks

The extension is worth the price, However for tying the small one's 20 and smaller( I'm working on 26's now) The Danvise just don't do it.
    I talked to Al and he tried grinding down a set of jaws and was not totally happy with the result. Then he had his hands worked on(surgery) now he dosent have a problem.
    Yesterday I picked up a "Anvil Atlas Vise" after playing with "Travelers" and others and for my "Arthritic Sausage" fingers it seemed to work Great. The Early Atlas was a piece of 'Junk" I got one of the 2nd generation well made finish is good a a LOT of Room behind the jaws. And it's built like a Tank.
    Bill
    I Can Stop Tying Any Time I Choose... I Just Choose Not To!

i'll stick with my danvise, besides why do i want to tie on a hook that i can't see

8. Default Re: danvise extension arm

how much more space does it give u? (how far are the jaws with the extension from where they were without the extension)
    I'm not at home right now so I can't give you an exact number, but I would guesstimate it's about 2.5"-3"

plenty more room. I tie much faster now that my fingers are not cramped.

I regularly tie down to size 24 with my danvise and extension! I hate to undercut Al, but you can pick up the extensions on ebay for a few bucks less.
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

+ Reply to Thread