+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knoxville, TN fisherman looking for a fishing buddy

Default Knoxville, TN fisherman looking for a fishing buddy

Hey, I live in Knoxville, TN and mostly fish the GSMNP and my fishing buddy moved to Charleston this summer, so I no longer have someone to fish with. I know I could go make friends down at the outfitters, but so far I have really liked the people on FAOL. So, I thought I would ask you guys first if anyone would like to go fishing with me. My friend came back up for the weekend and made me realize how much fun it is to fish with someone else (this way, someone can prove you caught that huge wopper!). So, if anyone is interested, I am a 20 yr old college student who has only been fishing for a few years, but I am not looking for someone to teach me anything, just someone to simply fish with. I mostly fish the GSMNP, but am will to broaden my fishing waters. So, if anyone would like to go fishing with me, please contact me. If not, I will simply go on fishing all by my lonesome.

P.S. No worries, I am not a stalker.
    P.P.S. Also, I would not like to fish with any stalkers.

Hi Jared,
    There are some great people in Tennessee, but watch out for WarrenP on this board. He disrespects the fine folks in Ohio (the State that asked him to leave) & is hard pressed to spell the name of his new home town in Tennessee....hint, spelled backwards, it's "amohallut". Warren's actually a real good guy.
    Good fishin' & I hope you connect with one or more of the folk down there.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Jared,

Hi, I am Warrenp and you need to disregard everything Ohiotuber has said. He is not mentally all there, but, overall he isn't such a bad person. I am willing to take you fishing here anytime you wish to make the trip. We are about 4 hours or so apart. I live in Tullahoma which is 79 miles South of Nashville and 79 miles North of Chattanooga. I have 2 rivers here which are stocked by the State. The Duck River,which is the tailwaters of Normandy Lake and the Elk River which is the tailwaters of Tims Ford Lake. The Elk cannot be fished during generation and there is no generation on the Duck River. The Duck River will start to heat up and the trout fishing will come to a halt. The Elk River is good fishing all year. Today I fished the Elk with the local Fly Shop owner (Tim's Flies & Lies in Lynchburg)and we had a great time. I caught 18 rainbow with the smallest being 13" and the largest at 15". Fished from 7am to 12noon. Anytime you want to make the trip just e-mail me and I will arrange to meet you and we will fish. My e-mail is in my profile.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Stop by Little River Outfitters in Townsend or the Creel in Knoxville and get info on a TU or FFF Chapter. I know there are several TU's in the area.

+ Reply to Thread