+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Download Instructions

Default Download Instructions

Could someone PM me instructions on how to download all the great threads and FOTW stuff on this website? My wife of 38 years recently passed....and you guys know that....just trying to explain. I have come to a lake to sit and howl at the moon for the summer. I had to change ISP's as only one works here. I have had to purchase a laptop, new cell phone, booster amplifier, etc....just to communicate. I haven't figured out how to get a printer to work yet. I am still the incurable optimist.....like a sponge.....out there reading and trying to collect information. Come to think about it, for the last three years that is the only way I have been able to participate in the sport of fly fishing. Anyway....it would be cool if I could download to my new laptop, and transfer the info to blank cd's, so I have instructions to follow as I sit here alone and try to do something......whether that's rod building, fly tying, knots.....etc

BTW.....I wouldn't pass this info on to others. I don't think that would be a good thing to do. I would just use it for myself to help me learn how to do things.

Default Re: Download Instructions

Gemrod,

One way I know is...when you are on a page you want to save...click on "Save as"...you can then put it in a folder of your choice....

BTW...check your PM....

Thanks Duck
    I'll try it
    Better than nothint

Blog Entries

gemrod I sent you a PM
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gem...Part of my last post some how was omitted....go to "File"..in the upper left hand corner...click on it and you can then "save as"....

Anyway I think you will have other options

Gemrod,

Another option would be to download a program called PrimoPDF (http://www.primopdf.com), which allows you to "print" a wbesite into a PDF file much in the way you would print it out on a printer. I found this product a few years ago while working for a University Library and the students were requesting the ability to print things to PDF for later reading, rather than printing to actual paper. To view the PDF file created you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://www.adobe.com) but it will create a more seamless way to view the pages offline than just saving them to your laptop.

Brian
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

+ Reply to Thread