+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest pack preference

Default Chest pack preference

I searched the site and couldn't come up with any discussions on chest packs. Anyone care to share their opinions? I fish for trout on small to medium size streams. I've tried a chest box and have ruled it out.
    Thanks

P.S. That Fishpond Windwalker looks nice.

Default Re: Chest pack preference

personally, I prefer a fanny pack to a chest pack...I just slide it around when I need to get into it and slide it back around to get it out of my way when casting. plus, mine's got two nice sized bottle holders...

there's more than enough space for everything I need...
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

My choice remains the vest from 'Stormy Seas.' No, it doesn't have a lot of pockets;;; that is a 'good thing!'

I can't see where I'm going to step with a chest pack. This is troublesome when hiking in through some woods with underbrush or a rocky path. I like a vest or a shoulder bag.

I have a Fishpond chest pack. It can be worn as a chest pack or a fanny pack. I do not like it as a chest pack. It seems to get in the way when I cast. I use it as a fanny pack for the salt water most of the time.

My sons and I all use Fishpond bags. We can rig them as chest packs if needed, but much prefer to use them as shoulder bags. They are easily flipped around an ride on the small of our back or hip and are out of the way when wading or moving through brush.

It's been years since I've been able to see my feet, and having yet another 4 or 6 inches riding out front doesn't help me avoid obstacles any better!
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

i have the fishpond windwalker and love it, seeing as you are walking is overrated you must use the force
    Catch and Release So Others Can Enjoy Them

These people aren't sponsors so forgive if I'm stepping on toes. I saw this Tulli Chest pack while surfing. It's like a chest pack/vest.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewsportgeartulli.html

I use a Wright & McGill compact size. Can't recall the last time I used a full vest. The only other way I wade is a box in the pocket. Sure saves on the shoulders/neck. My .02
    Mike K.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

I keep a pouch lanyard in my truck for when ever I get the urge. But I LOVE!!!!! my Filson Shelter Cloth Strap Vest. Light weight and carrys everything I need.

+ Reply to Thread