+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Incomplete Profiles

Default Incomplete Profiles

I see a lot of profiles that fail to give locations. This makes it difficult to answer some questions properly.
    Age is also important but I can understand some not wanting to list it.

Default Re: Incomplete Profiles

Hey there Jack,
    I, like you, have no problem posting the minor essentials in my profile. There are some, however, who take privacy and security to a more serious level. While I don't share their concerns, I do respect their choices.
    BUT COMMON NOW, location and age????. We're not talking soc sec and passwords here.

Mark
    PS: All you must know is IN my profile

Amen! Help us help you!
    Leave No Trace

I agree completely. I have been interested in some Items that have been on the for sale board but they almost always do not have any info posted about themself. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Jack I just checked yours and guess what no age---at my age I'm lucky to still be around. I'll let them guess for a while,but a clue --I'm the oldest. BILL

No green banana's in my creel here in SE Michigan.

bassman,

I'm with you on this. There have been many times when I was interested in something on the "For Sale" board, but, would not check it any further due to the owner being new to this board and no information in their profile. When I see this I assume that the individual is not interested in fly fishing or in FAOL. They have an item they want to sell and only intend to be members of FAOL long enough to sell it and that will be the last time you ever hear from them unless they have something else they want to sell. So, they do not feel they need to offer anymore info on themselves. My life revolves around flyfishing and the pleasure I receive from it, so, I will be on FAOL daily. Their life revolves around selling something to make a "buck".
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

well my profile is complete
    my age: 14

okay well I filled mine in a little better.
    ... why is "Interests" the only required field?
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I have always been a stickler about the profiles. They are VERY helpful in answering questions & even making fishing trips possible. I have had many very enjoyable days on the water with FAOL members. There will be more...with the folks I've already fished with, & some new ones. Profiles, & the information shared, can start some fantastic friendships. Believe me, I have made MANY wonderful friends here. It all started with "trust".
    As far as stuff for sale, I will never buy from someone with an empty profile, & I strongly believe that there should be a required number of "non-sale" posts (say 20 or 30) by a member before they be permitted to sell anything on FAOL.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread