+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: To share or not to share?

Blog Entries

Default Re: To share or not to share?

I kind of missed this in my first post. But re reading the replys including my own this morning it hit me like a brick.

I follow example set by Al Campbell.
    Al Held nothing back from us, He helped everyone who needed it. He always gave us his very best, I can do no better than follow his example.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

well said, Gnu Bee!

OK, OK, I'll let my secret out of the bag (pipe). I have attached a photo of Angus, my pet gorilla. Angus makes sure my favorite fishing hole is always there for me when I want to flip a fly in the evenings on my favorite (secret) little steam here in SE Michigan. Angus also seranades me with "Amazing Grace" as I wade up and down the stream. You have to truly experience it to appreciate it. Now there you have my big secret.....by the way, pipe playing pet gorillas are not easy to come by. Hope you find your gorilla some day soon.

My biggest secret that I will always share openly.(And this holds true more often than not!).Is simply to avoid bridge holes or most any water within 200 yds of any type of roadway....and you will double your chances...!
    Bill, another gentleman, also named Bill, from the Auburn Fly Fishing club just gave me the same advice. He said "If you hike 1/10th of a mile you'll avoid 9/10ths of the fishermen". I've certainly found that to be true.

I spend time every year teaching people to fish. I am part of the Mass Angers Ed program. I've created a power point show that shows many major fishing areas in this part of Western MA. Given that, I guess I don't hold back info. If you ask and I know, the answer is yours.

jed

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Jonezee,

Do any of our sponsors sell bagpipe-playing gorillas? Do you have any choice concerning their age or gender when you select one? I'm afraid that you have hit on the one fly fishing accessory that I don't presently own. LOL. 8T

Angus, as the name implies is a male, I can't say I ever knew a woman named Angus, Gorilla's that is. You might try e-bay? I don't think there is anything you want that isn't for sale at one time or another on e-bay. The Detroit Zoo is low on funds, I think they have a couple of Gorilla's they might part with. The tricky thing will be finding a nice set of bag pipes. Angus was all thumbs for the first week or so, after that you would have thought he had been playing the pipes for years. Start them out on simple tunes at first...you know....like Inagodoughtavida baby....he learned very fast. Keep looking, you can then say you own it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs
    I like helping people to do well. About the only thing I wouldn?t share is the location of a small, stream hot spot that would be damaged by over fishing or something that I had promised another person I would keep secret.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Leave No Trace

I believe it is all summed up in Luke 6:38 "Give, and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye give to others, it shall be measured to you again." It has never failed me when I have given freely with no expectation of being rewarded.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Jonezee,

You must be a gifted music teacher! 8T

+ Reply to Thread