+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can anyone help?

Default can anyone help?

Hi,
    Im a british guy new to fly fishing and recently moved to missoula, MT from the UK. I live on the clarke fork and was wondering if theres anyone local willing to share a bit of their experience with me. As im new here i dont drive yet so cant really get around.
    thanks

Blog Entries

Welcome to the wild west portion of the colonies. There are a few Missoulians on the board, so keep your eyes open. One thing you might want to consider is the fall fish-in at Lowell, Idaho, about two hours west of Missoula. There is going to be a gathering up north of you this fall, also.

Lots of good water around Missoula. I think you will enjoy. And drop into the chat room in the evenings, you can get to meet and know lots of folks in there.

Dennis

Lucky bugger... I miss MT. Have fun, I know you will.

Welcome aboard. I'm nowhere near Montana but wish you well.

Hey britnewflyguy!

HELP YOU????? You're in MONTANA, HELP ME get there.

Mark
    You'll pardon the signiature below

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

When you can get around, and get fly fishing sort of squared away,HIRE A GUIDE. You can spend days, years, fishing unproductive water.

I will show you some stuff. I haven't been on the water that much lately because I broke my ankle 11 days ago and I'm still on the mend. I live in west Missoula, near the Kelly Island boat launch on the Clark Fork. You don't drive yet because of your age? I fish Missoula waters almost every day, when I'm not crippled, and I could probably point you in the right direction.
    Benjamin
    dryflies@gmail.com

Benjo,

I think he doesn't drive yet 'cause he can't figure out why we drive on the wrong side of the road

No joke, ... a few years ago, a diplomat from the British Isles had a head on here in Quebec when he drove himself somewhere and turned left through an intersection and into the wrong side of the road.

At Gatwick, there are these GIANT signs painted on the ground at the cross walks that say LOOK RIGHT ('cause that's where the first car will cream you from).

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:0f326]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:0f326]
    Christopher Chin

hehe...yeah you're right its the driving on the other side of the road that gets me, tho im going to do my test soon for an MT license..

Benjo thanks for the offer, I'll certainly take you up on it and send you an email. Sorry to hear about your leg tho

thanks

The most difficult thing will be to get time for all of the great water in Montana.

Remember, we drive on the right most of the time, but in the middle the rest of the time.

------------------
    Live long and die with your (wading) boots on.

+ Reply to Thread