+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simms Guide vs. G3

Default Simms Guide vs. G3

Hello,
    I'm asking this question for waders. Which one do you prefer. I've heard about some problems with G3s. Are G3's owners as satisfied as Guide's? Thanks!

Hi Thierry,

I own a Pair of G3's but never owned a Pair of the Guide Models but do know that the only difference is that the G3's has an increased puncture and abrasion protection, and 20% more breathable
    Added protection on leg and seat, Gravel Guards,Fleece Hand Warmer Pocket,Flip-out Tippet Tender pocket and a different Color at the Knees.But they are very Comfortable Waders.You can get them on Ebay for good Prices sometimes.

Further down this boards list of topics is a thread on Waders...good and cheap? Posted by BobcatSteve? Anywhoo.....that thread has some more comments you can read on waders. I wouldn't part with my Simms but I don't have that fleece hand warmer pocket and I already wish I had that. These Simms are a gift from wife and the only pair I have ever had. So I am no knowledgable person about which is better than the other. I do indeed like my Simms though. Have heard many complaints about non breathable Cabelas fish at my local stream. Many complaints about starting out in them...sun comming out....they sweating inside and peeling them down.

Jim

thats wht i have 2pr.guide model & 1waist high-both very comfortable?

------------------
    bob faorite past-times winter steelie fishing-fall bow-hunting-would write more but with my typing i would be here for wks.??

Thierry, what were the problems with the G3 that you heard about?

This February I finally wore through my Simms Guide Waders. I sent them to Simms for evaluation and Simms offered to add about 15 or 20 spot patches to the ones I had made over the years, relace the right stocking foot (seams went), the left thigh and seat. I opted for a pair of G3s and am very pleased with them. What problems have you heard about?

That's "replace," not "relace."

I got a pair of G3s because I had so many leaks in my guide weights. I have been happy with the comfort and accessories, but ony been in them 30 times. For that price they better last a while!

I would like to hear of any problems with the G3's also. I am getting ready to buy a new pair and was considering the G3's. I don't recommend the Orvis Pro Guides. I just returned a pair that lasted about 10 months. The seam tape started coming loose and springing leaks in the seams. I know a few other people that returned their Pro Guides for the exact same problem.
    Buna

I own a Guide for 4 years without any problems and 5 companions bought G3's in the last 6 months and ALL leak now ...

10. Default

Why doesnt anyone mention LL bean wicked tough waders? They are 5 layer goretech, are $299 compared to $425, and have a lifetime warranty, while simms will only guarrantee a replacement if it is in the first year.

+ Reply to Thread