+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe's Article This Week

Default Joe's Article This Week

Joe

Nobody is perfect. Is there anything you need in the way of flies or even other accesseries? Please send me an PM and I'll see what I can do. I love to tie flies and I'm always looking for projects. I've also got some extra stuff laying around the place that my wife would love for me to get rid of.

The reason behind this is because I appreciate your weekly articles for the pleasure of reading and the appreciation for what I've learned. I would be happy to return the favor.

Best regards,
    Greg

Default Re: Joe's Article This Week

Same here, Joe. I just sent you some more flies to replace some of the ones I sent you that got stolen. Any other flies or gear to help you out if I can, just let me know. I know the fly shops won't carry those kind of specialized flies and I probably didn't send you enough of one kind of fly or another so I will try to get some more to you sometime soon.

Glad to hear you were able to get another of your favorite fly rod as a replacement.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Blog Entries

Joe

Would you enjoy a couple of little furled leaders for that 00 Sage?

RRhyne56
    http://www.robinscustomleadersandflies.com
    http://robinsrumination.blogspot.com

P.S. Hopefully you know where the "avid anglers" live

Joe

I tied up a few flies for you last night and will try and do so again tonight. Weather permitting, I hope to see you on Saturday.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Hi Joe,

I am tying up some flies for you too. Sorry about you being ripped off.

God bless,

Gandolf

Hey, thanks, guys,

Yeah, that garage burglary sure has sent me through some changes. It's been sorta "rehab fishing" in the time since.

Did some serious rehab fishing today, in fact, up in Iowa with Rick Z. and Anglerdave. Nothing like 10-inch 'gills to re-focus your thinking!

Stopped at another lake this afternoon on the drive home from Iowa and caught a bunch more 'gills.

Well, hey, any and all flies are appreciated. Wish I tied so I could return the favor!

New mailing address is:

Joe Hyde
    P.O. Box 3785
    Lawrence, KS 66046

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."

Well, Joe, I hope they forward the mail from the old mailing address because that's where they went.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Blog Entries

Hi joe,

Your articles are more than repayment. I look forward to reading your article (or the one by one of the other guys) and the one by Rick every Monday at noon at work.

I tie slowly, so it may be a couple of weeks until I get flies to you.

Regards,

Gandolf

Dave (oops, sorry; I mean "Anglerdave"), thank you again for the flies you laid on me Saturday morning up in Iowa. I didn't pump you for information on what flies you were catching your fish on, so please write a story and tell us.

Robert, I have good news: The flies you sent showed up in my P.O. Box this morning. They were lying on top of the other mail, so your brown mailer package was the first thing I saw. Today marked the first time there's been ANY mail in my new Lawrence, KS P.O. Box since I closed out the old box in KCMO over a month ago. This made getting your flies three times as nice!

Robin, if you're still agreeable to donating a furled leader to match my new 00-wt, I'd very much like to test drive one Discussions of furled leaders -- pro, con and neutral -- keep popping up in the Bulletin Board, making me curious what the debate is about. They sound like they're pretty difficult to make. I just hope a furled leader does its job with a wind knot in it, because with me casting there'll likely be one real quick.

Gandolf, if you're a self-admitted slow tyer it can only mean that each finished product is something to see. I won't waste 'em, buddy.

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."

+ Reply to Thread