+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Line to Leader Issues

Default Re: Line to Leader Issues

good point bobinmich

I recently changed to a new method of making a loop on the end of my fly line. I take the end and fold it back on itself. Then I tie three whips just like you would use to tye a guide onto a rod or whip the end of a line. I then cut the tag end of the line on the bias and use pliobond to coat the whips and secure the end of the fly line. This was done for me on my 10wt. and it seems to work well so I started using it on the 4wt. It does not seem to slip and it lays straight in the water. I can even putt the loop back into the rod under pressure from a fish.

I like it better than the Micus loop that he featured in an article a while back.

jed

IM PRETTY NEW TO FLY FISHING BUT HEN I STARTED AN OLDER GUY (THESE OLDER GUY WE CAN ALL LEARN ALOT FROM) SHOWED ME TO PUT A NEEDLE IN THE END OF MY FLY LINE AND THEN CUT THE LEADER ON A ANGLE AND DIP THE LEADER IN SUPERGLUE AND INSERT IN THE END OF THE FLY LINE I'VE NEVER HAD THE LINE BRAKE AT THAT POINT OR COME APART YOU CANT CHANGE YOUR LEADER ALL THE TIME BUT TO ME THE TIME SPENT ON THIS IS WELL WORTH IT
    HAPPY FISHING

ANYBODY BEEN FISHING IN PENNS CREEK IN PA I WENT THE OTHER DAY AND I MUST SAY THERE ARE SOME MONSTERS IN THERE I DON'T EVER KEEP ANY OF MY FISH BUT THE ONE I DID KEEP WAS 23' 8LBS
    I WAS VERY HAPPY

DAN....STOP SHOUTING
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

5. Default Re: Line to Leader Issues

Slow down on your back cast. Your coming forward too soon. Make sure to pause and let the line completely load before coming forward. Your just alittle off on your timing. Spend time in your yard working on the perfect cast before hitting the water. Good Luck

Silvercreek and dudley are right - it is my problem too. As you have become a better caster you are now beginning not to fail to pause and let the line/leader straighten out behind you, as I do! If you can work on the casting it will help, and also maybe try some knotsense or glue or whatever on the knot to smooth it out so there is no "snag" there.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

Howdy,

The re-connectable Scientific Anglers L2L leaders provide the most subtle (and strong) little bump imaginable. And then you'll know (at least) that the problem is style/technique related rather than gear-related.

I've just started using them and have seen no downsides so far ... I'd be curious to know of others' opinions of the L2L leaders.

Ron in Alberta

i have casted them once and saw no real problmes with them although i will stick with my loop to loop connection

+ Reply to Thread