+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How did you find faol

nighthawk Guest

Default Re: How did you find faol

I had just got back into tying. Just purchased a Thompson style whip finisher and needed instructions on how to use it. Did a Google search and one of the links that came up was FAOL. Clicked on the link and it took me to Al's video on how to use the whip finisher. I decided to check out the rest of the site.

2. Default Re: How did you find faol

I had just got my new fly rod and was seaching the internet to learn up on the basics,and I ran up on it.

I'm old, I don't remember, but I'm sure glad I found it.

When I was approaching retirement, I decided to get a PC, I had worked in the electronics industry for most of my life and I was not unfamiliar with computers going back to the monsters of the 60s,70s and 80s.
    So I bought a HP Pavilion in 2000. I bought the HP because I had used their test gear a lot in my job and had been impressed. I surfed the net for a while and one day I found FAOL. I liked it and have been hanging around, like a bad smell, ever since.
    What I like about FAOL is the wide range of skills and knowledge to be found among the contributers to the BB. I also like the weekly Fly, Old Fly and the articles in the main magazine.
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

A very good friend of mine told me about this site. I'm 56 and I am getting back into tying and fishing with flies I've frogetten a lot over the years due to a very long stay in the Army. With your help and patience I will overcome all obstacles...and become one again

You have arrived at the proper location, welcome!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I was looking for articles on fly fishing for bluegill, found FAOL & started reading the articles, then the forum, & I was drawn to the friendly, open atmosphere. So glad I found it!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I joined 6+ years ago. In a month I'll have my 69th birthday. At my age, I can't be expected to remember something that I did more than six years ago, or this morning for that matter. All I know is that I'm certainly glad I did find FAOL.

Bob ...

i searched google for fly tying sites to help me out. i came up with this one and it is the best one i've ever came across

I was looking for Fly patterns, did a Yahoo search and found FAOL. Searched the site for about 4 hours that evening. Lurked here for at least two years before joining. I love this site, more info given freely than any other I have found. LF and JC have a reason to be proud.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread