+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jax 'downunder' with a problem

Default Jax 'downunder' with a problem

In by email, Jax has a problem and I know we've had this one before - any help?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana">quote:</font><HR>

Please HELP! I seem to be stuck in a "time warp" and keep getting the same old boards all the time with no new posts.

What have I done to screw it up??

Removed F.A.O.L. from my Puter and reinstalled. Still back where I was. Bummer!
    Tried Firefox. Did not understand it so removed it.
    Hope you can help. Thanks Jax
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will cut and paste any answers back to Jax by email.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Sounds like Internet Explorer is in offline mode. Click on File, and scroll down to the bottom. There you will find "Work Offline" if it is checked IE will not try to down load new pages.

Secondly you may need to clear your cached files. Click on Tools, scroll down and click on Internet Options. In the window that opens, click on "Clear History" and "Delete Files..." This will remove any old internet pages saved on the computer, and should force IE to download new ones.

If none of that works try downloading Netscape, it's fairly user friendly.

Ladyfisher;

If I am not mistaken his problem might be in his cookies and cache. Depending on what is operating system is he will need to remove all the cookies and Cache. Feel free to send him my e-mail address and I will try to help him. Ask him to put FAOL in the subject...

Harold

Thanks for the input. Deleted ALL Cookies Temp files and Cache. Seems to be fine now. Fingers Crossed. Jax.

[This message has been edited by Jax (edited 24 June 2005).]
    Getting OLD is For Old People.

Have Fun Stay Young Go Fly Fishing!

Looks as though I spoke too soon.

Trying to post this will give me an idea as to whether I have it right. Here goes. Jax

Well now my Kiwi friend, seems to me that Isabel is telling you something!!! You gotta spend more time with her, that's all.

Actually Jax, I hope you get the problem solved, I always enjoy you postings.

------------------
    Snow on the roof but with fire still in the hearth

Try to find out if your browser has a setting in the options menu that checks for new versions of a webpage either: when you visit the page, the website, etc... In most IE versions this should work or something similar. Look in "tools", "internet options", in the "temporary internet files" box click on "settings". Make sure "check every visit to page" box is checked.

That was the probelm I had with IE a while back. It wasn't checking to see if the page had changed, just reloaded it from memory. Really irritating but should be fixable.

Hope that helped.

Cookies and Cache are the issues as Harold said. In the mean time you should be able to click the refresh icon and that will bring in a new file from the site with the updated pages.

jed

Thanks to all for all the advice. Teach me to fool about with the Puta "G" But one must make progress, and retrogression is after all a sign of progress I think. Still having fun.

Silvertop2: Isabel says thanks for giving me some some long overdue advice. Hope your fishing is good and the trout kind. Jax

------------------
    I'm a much better Fly fisher when talking fishing, than when I'm Actually Fly fishing!

+ Reply to Thread