+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaving Expensive England; Fishing in Lovely Colorado...

Default Leaving Expensive England; Fishing in Lovely Colorado...

Hello again FAO!
    After being stationed in England for a year now (where fishing a regular ol' stream can cost you $40) I'm finally getting a chance to come back to the states and I've got to do some Fly-Fishing.
    I'm doing a TDY to Boulder, CO for a few days and heading up to Ft. Collings (to apply for CSU) so I was wondering if anybody had any advice for fishing the Northern Front Range?
    Cache la Poudre River and South Boulder Creek seem like good waters, but are they fishing well? The weather around the world is all crazy right now so I could use some advice on fishing the area; anything would help...

jg

Well, you are in a crap-shoot right now. It will depend on when you are here. What are your dates?

Right everything is blown out unless you want to fish the Big Thompson below Estes Park. I fished it Saturday and had a ball after everyone else left.

Some of the upper stretches of rivers in RMNP should begin to drop later this week.

Ken

You should check out:
    [url=http://www.northparkanglers.com:11b14]www.northparkanglers.com[/url:11b14]

They are really helpful fishing wise and the guys at the shop are great. The flyshop is in Walden, Co about 80 miles west of Ft. Collins. There are some great rivers in that area to fish along with some awesome lakes.

Stop by Kinsley Outfitters on the Hill or Front Range Anglers in south Boulder for the latest stream reports.

Just curious.What cost $40.00 to fish a stream,
    DONN

The front range is fine, I grew up there, but I'd certainly plan a trip to the South Park area. It really isn't that long of a drive and the area is spectacular. The Colorado Division of Wildlife has a number of public fishing leases that make access a breeze.

Enjoy Coloraddy.

Hey Jon,

When are you off back to the States and how long? We should try and get out for a fish before you leave. Been a crazy start to the year for me and not seen much of the river, managing just a few hours one morning at the start of May. We'll see if we can get some more pics for the Avon section of your site. [url=http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/euronaut/images/web_images/avon/river_avon.htm:e96e0]http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/euronaut/images/web_images/avon/river_avon.htm[/url:e96e0]
    The more I think about it the more the Avon reminds me of some stretches of the Weber in Utah. Try and pop over that small range of hills if you can, and fish there. Some great browns and chock full of white fish.

------------------
    JME
    @===----?----?----?
    Member of B.A.S.S [url=http://www.ukbass.com:e96e0]http://www.ukbass.com[/url:e96e0]

[This message has been edited by JME (edited 23 June 2005).]

If you do decide to try South Park, give me an e-mail and I'll meet you there.

Matt

actdonn,

The fees cost $40 dollars. England doesn't have any where near the amount of public access we do here in the US (even relative to their size). It often cost that much per day (or part of a day) just for the priviledge of fishing somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Bill Blake (edited 23 June 2005).]

Bill
    Thank you for the info. Next time I pay $5.00 for a three day pass I won't feel bad about it.

South Fork Welcome Home

Donn

+ Reply to Thread