+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: metolius vs GLX

1. Default metolius vs GLX

please compare and contrast G.Loomis
    9ft 5wt 4pc Metolius HLS and GLX?

Would you like that in APA format?

Sorry, sounded a lot like the instructor in my telecom class last semester: "Please compare and contrast 802.11b with 802.11g in two pages or less for next week. Thank You and good night!"

Don
    Don Rolfson

I'm probably wrong but isn't the Metolius a GLX with bells and whistles?

Allan

You want to compare the HLS to the old GLX? They are very similar in action. The HLS has better guides that are uncrushable because they're made of titanium. The HLS also has a fighting butt on 6 wt. the old GLX did not. I would go with the new one over the old any day because the guides on the old GLX are always getting bent, on mine they are anyway. The HLS is a little lighter in hand and a little faster. If you're wanting to compare the Presentation and the HLS I can't help because I've never cast that one.

5. Default

i am trying to learn the differences in the metolius rods and the glx in streamdance
    series.

6. Default

in the HLS models

gomets, just copy the link from the address bar and paste it in the post, nothing else.

------------------
    Joe

8. Default

I have read the loomis website. Hoping to
    hear from someone who owns or has cast the
    metolius HLS.

Henderson:
    I have never compared the Metolius HLS to the GLX version, but I have compared the Metolius Presentation series to the GLX Presentation rod, and I couldn't detect any difference in their actions. I couldn't imagine any reason for spending the large difference in cost between the two rods. I really like the Presentation rod that I bought. My fishing partner tried out the Metolius HLS rod and said it was the first rod he had ever used with which he could cast almost the entire line.
    Larry Compton

Hello:
    The difference between the Metolius and the GLX Stream Dance rods are as follows. The graphite in the two series is different. Very high modules in the GLX and a combination of two lower modules in the Metolius. The tapers are also different. The GLX is a fast action rod where most of the blank loading is in the upper half of the blank and the Metolius HLS is more of a medium fast action with the blank loading near the middle of the rod. Both rod series are great casters. I use my GLX for tubing as it will cast floaters, full sinkers, and intermediate lines very well. Also great in strong winds. I can cast 100 ft. with my 905 GLX. Evev though it is a very fast rod, very user friendly. The HLS I have I also really like. A medium fast action that is very nice for close casting and more delicate presentations. I use the HLS for panfish, small to medium bass and trout, a very fun rod to fish. If you prefere a slower rod the HLS is for you. The blanks are the same color, the GLX has the REC recoil guides and a better grade of cork and a nicer reel seat. The HLS has Pac Bay single foot chrome guides with H&H strippers, and an all aluminum reel seat. The guide wraps and tippings are also the same color. Both are wonderful rods. It comes down to what action you prefere and how much do you want to spend on a rod.

Lanny

+ Reply to Thread