+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Luck....Bad Luck

Default Good Luck....Bad Luck

Went to my go-to lake yesterday; had some good luck. Lots of big bluegill, crappie, yellow perch and pickerel.

Kind of tough casting and maintaining boat control though, "windy as hell" (I've always wondered about that expression, wouldn't heavy winds blow out the flames?) Anyway, you have fun where you find it.

Got to a point where I decided to head for the boat ramp and take on another lake. This is where it becomes important to look around first. I cranked up the 'ole trolling motor and before I knew it, about 20' of my Wulff TT5F was inside the propeller housing!!!!

I didn't go to the other lake........

Regards to all, Jim

Default Re: Good Luck....Bad Luck

Good for the good....sorry about the line...

This should be in keeping with your post...no high jack intended...I've had enough coffee this AM I guess I just want to "talk"...

I see you are fishing from a pram...a friend of mine uses one in the wind and ends up mostly trolling...what I like is using my pontoon with a little electric motor...that way I can head into the wind and hold steady with some control coming from using my fins [make turns ,etc.].... can hover ....move slowly...or rapidly.

Works for me and I don't think I've ever heard it suggested. I prefer it to a float tube in the wind just from the effort standpoint.I don't wear myself out fighting the wind and I have control.

Default Re: Good Luck....Bad Luck

ducksterman;

You see that anchor on the platform? You know what that's for? It's for people with sense! Go to a good spot, drop it and work the area. Go to another spot, drop it and work the area, thoroughly.

Do I do it? Nooooooooo....... So why do I include the anchor in my gear? I like orange!!

One of these days when it's windy, I'm going to try using it.

Jim

+ Reply to Thread