+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arkansas River Caddis Mayhem!

Default Arkansas River Caddis Mayhem!

For those that haven't made it to the Arkansas River Hatch, you need to book a trip ASAP!

We made it to our annual river trip to the Arkansas River this past weekend with a bunch fisherman, yet half the time it seemed more like a fun fest around the campfire about previous trips we had taken or upcoming ones that should regain our interest after topping this wild Caddis weekend.

[url=http://imageshack.us:3a4e3][/url:3a4e3]

From the newby's to the Pro's, it seemed everyone was able to hook up on some fiesty brown trout this weekend. Crazy as it seemed that though there a few million caddis overhead during the day the trout were more interested in a sample side diet of blue wing olive patterns!

What were the Hot patterns you ask? Yellow Golden stones #10, PT #16, EHC #16, #16 Black foam caddis, any Soft Hackle #16, BHPT #16/18, #20 green Copper John, #16/18 green caddis pupa, #20 Olve RS2, #20 Olve WD40, #16 yellow Golden stone beadhead

The ticket was simply this (my TroutDawg Tip): Think greeen and 16!

Camping made it all the best and that will continue year after year, what is better than catching fish all day, finishing up by the campsite, have a few cocktails, a nice steak or trout and a roaring campfire with the sound of ripples to put you to sleep every night...sounds good to me!

When making a trip to the Mothers Day Caddis Hatch, it's not hard to find the bugs or the fish, just drive till you need your windshield wipers, pull over and look for the fish jumping~

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

Default Re: Arkansas River Caddis Mayhem!

Humm I wonder If they are hatching all the way down stream here in Little Rock . Looks great you lucky man.

Ah jeez. I have to look at this on two forums. This is killing me. I'll be a two minute walk to this river when I move to Colorado in Sept.

I love to torture people ya know

Actually, I like seeing pictures That looks a lot wider than where i'll be in BV. Where is it?

A few were shot down at Coaldale (2o miles down from Salida), Salida is about 30 miles from Buena Vista. There's also some good water in Browns Canyon and Swissvale. The bugs should be tapering off in the next week or 2, with runoff on the way plus the bugs slow waaay down once they reach Browns Canyon..

Browns will be a spot i'll go too. With the price of gas i'm not sure i'll get to Salida that much. We'll have to see how much it is when I get there. It's almost $4.00 here.

Is it true that the Caddis hatch doesn't get all the way up to BV?

+ Reply to Thread