+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magic and Ultimate Canoe/Kayak

Default Magic and Ultimate Canoe/Kayak

Anybody have one of these or have a complete product price list?

http://nativewatercraft.net/magicbts.html

http://georgiariverfishing.com/GAarticl ... mate12.htm

Gives me the idea that they are ashamed of the prices (exorbitant) not being affordable for average folks when they (including the dealers) don't list product prices.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Default Re: Magic and Ultimate Canoe/Kayak

They list a dealer fairly close but no prices given any where that Ican see...Nice craft though from what I seen.....seeing as they don't come loaded with a third of what a Hobie outback does...I would think they'd have to be pretty decently stationed below a grand for 12'1" magic model...But I've been way wrong before..Maybe a call directly the the company???

Edit: Uhhh... In your second link at the bottom of the review of the ultamate 12 it states that it sells for around $800.00....from reading the entire review...I'd say thats not all that bad...Really sounds like a great boat!!!...And If'in I did not already have a HO...I'd be attending a demo day!

http://www.theoutsideworld.net/boat_search.php

Try this link and scroll down...Gives prices for about anything your heart desires!.
    The Elite's put you over the $2000.00 mark....But they are made of composites...
    I don't think I've noticed any other Kayak's that carry a lifetime warranty...as the ultamites do....thats a plus, In my book.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I've seen the Native Ultimates and they make a great fishing platform. A few gripes about the ultimate are that they don't drain and will take waves over the bow. Otherwise, a great boat. I've never seen the Magic, but it looks more SOT kayak like in that it has a molded in seat and drain scuppers. That would be a big plus. The Ultimate is very stable, though a little on the slow side. I couldn't tell if the magic has the same hull section or not.

Pricewise, the ultimate is competitive with any of the good quality SOT kayaks. The Ultimate 12 runs about $775 and the 14.5 runs about $925. I think they would be well worth a look.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

http://www.mountainmanoutdoors.com/Cano ... fault.aspx

There is alos a dealer on Ebay.

FWIW, I like the concept. However, they ain't exactly light.

Also FWIW, this isn't anything groundbreakingly new , it's just a repackage and tweek of a solo canoe.

I e-mailed the local dealer in Winter Haven, FL. and this is what he had to say:

Quote Originally Posted by dixieangler
    Winter Haven Native watercraft dealer,

I have a number of questions about the Native Magic 10 craft. Does the Magic
    10 have the same blister (pontoon) sided (stable bottom) as the Ultimate
    craft and if so, what is your price for a Magic 10? Is it possible using
    D-Rings and straps to add a bow and stern soft anchor and rope system? Could
    you send any additional information via e-mail about this Magic 10 craft?
    Please reply to this e-mail address.

Thanks,

Robert Bryan McCorquodale
    Sebring, FL
    E-mail Number One
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Allen Wyatt
    Hi Robert,

Your specific questions are going to require a little more research on my
    part. Our first delivery of Magics was last week, and we have a Magic12 on
    the showroom floor. (I do not know if we received the Magic10, but will
    check the warehouse in a minute.) The Magic12 is currently our featured
    kayak-most folks are attracted to the seat (just like all Natives.) The
    twin-pontoon/tunnell hull is not on the Magic12, and therefore I'm fairly
    sure it is not on the Magic10 either. Suprisingly, the twin-pontoon/tunnell
    hull(on the Ultimate12) is no-more (and no-less) stable than a flat bottom
    hull, which is what the Magic12 has. The idea of the hull is to have a
    super low profile sit-on-top. Native is very successful on this account.
    It should be simple enough to do an anchor system. The boat sides are very
    clean. I have not had the Magic12 in the water yet (although I have paddled
    every other style of boat in our inventory including Ultimate12.) It looks
    to be a fast sit-on-top with enough beam to be very stable. The capacity is
    low for a 12 foot boat (325lbs.) Most are 50 lbs to 75 lbs higher capacity.
    It also lacks protected storage. But the weight is impressively low, and
    there is plenty of room for gear! I'll email shortly on the Magic10
    availability(here or by order) and price. Thanks for your interest.

T. Allen Wyatt
    Andy Thornal Company
    (863) 299-9999
    (800) 499-9890
    E-mail Number Two
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Allen Wyatt
    Hi Robert,

We did not receive any Magic10s, nor do we expect any. Price is $625 by
    special order only. Delivery time on Magic10 could be as much as 10 weeks.
    Once again, Thanks for your interest.

T. Allen Wyatt
    Andy Thornal Company
    (863) 299-9999
    (800) 499-9890
    I think I'll continue looking for a 12 foot fiberglass canoe instead.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Allen and the folks at Andy Thornall are good people. If it were me, I would try out the various models he has in stock (he does demos on Saturdays and has the ability to bring a number of kayaks to a local lake for this purpose).

-Phil

Hi Phil,

I'm just trying to find the most stable ride in a 10 or 12 foot. I'm not a big fan of tippy kayaks. Canoes are tippy but not as tippy as a lot of kayaks I've seen. I had hopes that kayaks are becoming more stable with new hull configurations. But I don't want a wide beam that would be hard or impossible to load and transport.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

I'm just trying to find the most stable ride in a 10 or 12 foot. I'm not a big fan of tippy kayaks. Canoes are tippy but not as tippy as a lot of kayaks I've seen.
    Jut to compare apples to apples: Low seat=increased stability. Allot of the tippyness that is pinned on canoes is becasue you are sitting 10" off the floor. If you sat 10" off the floor in a SOT, you'd decrease stability dramaticly to teh point that it would feel more tippy than almost any canoe out there. Conversely, get ANY flat bottomed canoe and sit on /near the floor, stability increases dramaticly to the point that it may exceed your average SOT. Note the abovementioned comment of the low seating height in the majic. Bottom line is this is basicly a double paddle canoe with a low seat and slightly lowered upper chines / sides. Nice design actually. kind of a Yaknoe
    FWIW: if your interested in this design, don't overlook a small solo canoe that you can paddle from a lower position. I have a 33#, 12' x32" Old Town PAC Canoe that is pretty darn close to duplicating the function of this craft if you sit low.

For those who might be handy, look up "sweet dream Canoe" on the net. You can build a 30# , 12-13 or 14'x 28" hull very similar to the majic ( or compass) for just a few hundred $ and a long weekend. I have one in build now.

As a big guy....I can honestly say that not all kayak's are "Tippy" I own a Hobie outback...as do many people, after surfing around the net and seeing how many hobie owners have also purchased the sail kit and enjoy useing them to sail their Kayak's....well if a kayak was as tippy as some seem to think...

I'd think that to "Sail" one would be completely Impossible. I have no worries while in my yak..at first...it took a bit of playing with it.(No demo day here prior to purchase..Which is why I feel everyone should attend one prior to buying...even for a canoe!)..but you quickly feel right at home in useing them...I would'nt part with the thing!!! Prolly my best to date ffing related purchase...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I would also question the characterization that kayaks are tippie. I don't know of any of the fishing kayaks, i.e., Ocean Kayak Prowlers, Wilderness System Tarpons, Heritage Redfishers, Hobie Outbacks, etc. that would be considered tippie. On the contrary, they are very stable. While I wouldn't try to stand in any of them, I know a lot of people who stand and cast in them. If you are referring to touring kayaks, yes, for fishing, they would be considered tippie, but I don't know anyone who fishes out of them.
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

+ Reply to Thread