+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you read this?

Default Have you read this?

If you haven't read this, you oughta. Browsing, and bumped into it. Maybe I'm running late, but I'm glad I found it.
    http://www.rxffish.com/Lost_River_News/ ... g=73&mod=1
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Default Re: Have you read this?

Hi Everyone,

When I read this and noticed the part about women going and taking lessons I figured this might be something to go along with that theme. LF & JC can delete this if it is not okay http://www.margareesalmon.ca/events.htm This is put on by the Margaree Salmon Association and from my understanding they have a lot of fun.

Alan (salmonguy)
    Catch & Release Works...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the author of the first article denouncing women only flyfishing events?

I never knew there were women only parts to the IGFA, but if that is true, what a load of horse poo.

If this country is really working toward equality and integration, why are we continually segrigating everything. Instead of music awards we now have black only and latino only awards. Black athelete of the year awards. Black tv, womens tv, spanish tv. Doesn't that segrigate people even more? Shouldn't everything really be for everyone? Isn't that what equality is? Imus gets fired for a remark that, while racist and sexist, black recording artists get paid to make. Who has the double standard?

Why is it ok for a minority(group or individual) to sue because they think they have been discriminated against, but people that are not of a minority get left out of that minorities group, college, or what-have-you just becasue they don't fit in?

Someone explain it too me because I don't get it. Maybe it's becasue I am a young adult white male american. But maybe that shouldn't matter either. Especially in a world where we take advice and have conversations with people, and never see their face. If you wan't to be equal with a peer, don't point out your differences.

There are RULES on paper and there are unwritten RULES. In our world you take a shot at someone, you better be big enough to take a shot in return. Don isn't the first person to put there foot in their mouth, walk over the line and get fired. If you practice firing at targets, they better be acceptable ones.
    If your a Professional, you conduct yourself accordingly and mind your own business.
    It doesn't matter what other people are doing, it matters what YOUR doing.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

The "Lady Fisher" who wrote that article sounds like my kind of gal.

The type that would say "So what if I'm a girl, I can still kick your butt!!"

To me equal means equal.

Loved the article by the way
    Your hooks sharp????

Oh, Dougie ... please don't go there.

JC ... please either lock this one, or better yet, delete it. Thank you.

Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

I loved the article . I thought it was inciteful and very well written. I did not see anything in it I would have called contraversial . I am however amazed that some folks did. I had to go back and re-read it to make sure I hadn't missed something.

I have no idea why JC would want to delete it.

Thanks Lew for bringing it to my attention.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    There are RULES on paper and there are unwritten RULES. In our world you take a shot at someone, you better be big enough to take a shot in return. Don isn't the first person to put there foot in their mouth, walk over the line and get fired. If you practice firing at targets, they better be acceptable ones.
    If your a Professional, you conduct yourself accordingly and mind your own business.
    Doug

This is why I requested JC remove it. I could elaborate, but I don't want to be banned. Shut up ... just shut up (me).

LF's article is great. Just don't tie it in with the Imus debacle.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Hi Everyone,

I guess I'm like Gnu Bee Flyer, I had to go back and read the artical a second and third time to see if I missed something. I think it's great that women are out fly fishing, I just wish my wife had the same interest. As far as posting the link to the Flow Event that the Margaree Salmon Association puts on, this is a great opportunity for ladies who would love to learn how to salmon fish properly. It's an opportunity to get instruction from someone who is knowledgeable in what they are teaching. I believe this is the third year that this has been done and it is growing every year. If I ticked some people of by what I posted, I'm sorry. People are getting way to picky, get a life!!!

Alan (salmonguy)
    Catch & Release Works...

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner
    Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Doug

This is why I requested JC remove it. I could elaborate, but I don't want to be banned. Shut up ... just shut up (me).

LF's article is great. Just don't tie it in with the Imus debacle.
    Betty,
    I meant well, but I apologize, especially since it has nothing to do with the post. I will try harder to be careful.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread