+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladyfisher and Wonder Bread

Default Ladyfisher and Wonder Bread

I see that brand on the Fareway shelves every time I walk in the store. I can send you some if you like

Default Re: Ladyfisher and Wonder Bread

"The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Blog Entries

We still have wonder bread here.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Lady Fisher I am sorry to see you do not have wonder bread there. One of the major bakeries that makes wonder bread is right down the road in seattle. Wonder bread was actually bought out in 2000 by intercontinental bakeries. I worked for them until 2003 when they closed their doors here. Intercontinental bakeries is Eddy's bread. We still produced wonder bread at that time. Here is the difference in Wonder Bread and Eddies Bread NOTHING. Same formula, same batch of dough, same proof, same bake, same slice, bag is even the same thinckness as the wonder bread bags.

That being said what you might do is contact not the manager of the store, but the receiving clerk. Tell him when the eddy's bread delivery man comes in that you would like x amount of loaves of wonder bread. I say not the manager because 99% of the time he will never see the delivery guys and he will forget. The receiving clerk sees the guys every day.

If that does not work for you let me know and I will contact some of my contacts still with the company and see if it is possible to get the kind you are asking for. Sometimes if people don't buy a particular kind they will discontinue it due to the cost of bags. The bags cost on average .47 a piece. Funny how the bag costs more then the bread itself.

Also in Oregon there is a major bakery that does wholesale bread and I have found the bread to have a better texture and not so much of the bad additives in it. Just as soft and toasts up really nice. Just can't remember the name of the bakery but will find out if you are interested in their brand. I found it to be better then the wonder or eddy's. Hope this helps

It seems that two west coast plants are closed. One is located in Washington. Maybe the one yours came from. [url=http://www.examiner.com/a-621312~Interstate_Bakeries_gets_approval_to_sell_2 _West_Coast_plants.html:e83f0]Interstate Bakeries Gets Approval to Sell 2 West Coast Plants[/url:e83f0]

I must agree that tomato/mayo sandwiches are never better than when made with Wonder Bread.

Wonder Bread, Holsum Bread, Silvercup, Butternut were breads of my youth. It is nice to occasionally see them on store shelves in other parts of the country. Sometimes renamed but still in the original logo'd color bags. Apparently someone in a very expensive suit and from a lofty office decided that it was time to move along.I have heard the logic behind such decisions however. If a particular brand does not command a certain percentage market share in an area, it doesn't pay for them to maintain production and distribution facilities in that area. They just pick up and move to less competitive markets. Speaking of changing names, here in Illinois we have the UTMOST travesty. Our venerable Marshall Field & Company stores name has been changed to macy's. WHO, other than New York fans, thought THAT was a good idea??

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius62
    It seems that two west coast plants are closed. One is located in Washington. Maybe the one yours came from. [url=http://www.examiner.com/a-621312~Interstate_Bakeries_gets_approval_to_sell_2 _West_Coast_plants.html:cb756]Interstate Bakeries Gets Approval to Sell 2 West Coast Plants[/url:cb756]

I must agree that tomato/mayo sandwiches are never better than when made with Wonder Bread.
    I think you forgot the BACON!
    Mark,
    Our Meier and Frank Stores changed to Macy's also.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

The bakery in washington they are selling is one of the old bakeries. The reason they are cutting these out is they are going to SUPER BAKERIES. Here is how a super bakery works. WE had 120 employees, ran a bread line and a bun line. The super bakeries run a bread and bun lin also but produce twice as much product. They have 5 employees. They are closing shops and going just to the super bakeries all over the US. There is still a super bakery in seatle. When they close a bakery they make sure the are it served is still covered. They are going the way of several major companies as LF said. To bad it was the best thing that happened to me when they closed the doors here though I have to say that. Haven't been happier. Lost a lot of money though. I was making $18.05 a hour as a lead man, and working a lot of days 12-20 hours. Making halve that now and getting time off to enjoy life how much better does it get yea

Fatman Guest

The heck with the Wonder Bread where's all the TWINKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a staple when wade fishing.

Fatman

lol, I read the article also. After reading this thread this am I turned off the puter and saw we had wonder bread on the counter. Then on the way to work, I saw a wonder bread truck pulling out of a shopping center parking lot. Funny how we don't pay much attention to something until it's gone...

tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread