+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Float tubes and gators

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default Re: Float tubes and gators

Duckster,

I never go float tubing with anorexic super models if there is any chance, what so ever, of running into a gator or shark. I always try to put safety first! Another point you might want to consider concerns float tubing in a lightning storm. Always try to fish with a very tall friend who uses a spey rod. 8T

Or, perhaps, A tall friend who has a metal plate in his cranium...Hummm shame there is nobody who fits that description near by huh!.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Robert ~ maybe I missed it, but how far a distance do you have to tote a boat (hey, that rhymes!)?

Around some parts of North & South Carolina where I veture back into, I would under no circumstance dangle my lovely old scrawny legs into the black lagoons (there the only ones I have!). The best boat for getting back into some of these places for me has been the 12' Radisson transom canoe boat - I've had the thing for ten years now and it's been in a lot of tough places, sometimes with two of us fishing from it and sometimes just me alone. Here's a link that has a picture of a 14' - again, mine is a twelve footer and is olive-drab colored - anyway, this also gives the specs. I've beat this thing up pretty goodly and have managed to poke only one hole through it which I've patched with a Radisson patch kit and she does'nt leak a drop today (or the last time I used it!). A great little fishing boat for having to tote back into remote places and you having to carry it!

http://placidwatersnorthwest.com/canoe3.html

Maybe this might be an idea for you.

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by DaleW
    Robert ~ maybe I missed it, but how far a distance do you have to tote a boat (hey, that rhymes!)?
    Distances vary for the three ponds on the back trails. Some ponds are closer and others are farther away.

Thanks for the link but I'll just keep looking for a used 12 foot fiberglass canoe in the classified ads or get a new one.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Robert...are you familiar with Craigslist?

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Robert...are you familiar with Craigslist?
    No, Phil. Do tell.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

http://salem.craigslist.org/

It's a free internet classified ad system...quite a phenomenon...when I first checked they had 10 million hits a day....however it is set up by city...e.g. the link I gave you is for Salem, OR but you pick your state and city...

I'd suggest you check under sporting goods and also put a wanted ad in the wanted section....I sold a toon in a day

+ Reply to Thread