+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joan Wulff Rocks

Default Joan Wulff Rocks

Brushing up on the casting, and was watching Joan Wulff's DVD. I really love this shot. I usually rewind it and watch it a few times. What do you figure 80-90 feet?
    [url=http://www.geocities.com/neogeek62/jwulfflong:7af57]Looong cast[/url:7af57]

She does it with a med-soft action Winston rod too. Proof that fast action rods aren't needed if you can cast.

I got a Joan Wulff story for you. She was casting at the San Mateo Sports expo a few years ago. There was a casting contest and she was demo ing how the contest works. I walked by and muttered, "Huh! I'll make her look silly". The guy doing the contest grabbed me and said "You're next". There were 15 guys inline. So I got up there and made myself look silly. Soon I was done and the guy said "I thought you would make her look silly!"
    I said "I knew my buddies wouldn't wait that long for me to get in line, You put me first"
    Bob

Joan's video is very good. That long cast looks so effortless..I can cast that far(except it takes me three casts...cast walk 30ft , cast, walk 30 ft, cast walk 30ft.....

I thought her video was well done and helpful. I was always a hacker and now realize that there is a correct and less painful way to cast..

At this time, I'm a hacker with a great casting video....

Blog Entries

When you watch Joans video, pay attention to how her whole body moves gracefully with the cast.
    That is the dancer in her coming out and is why the line sings with her casts. Sadly I have no dancer in me and have no hope in the world of ever casting like that.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Just so everyone will know, Joan closed her school this year. They are going to do some traveling for awhile. So, hang on to those DVD's.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Although the web site says the school is closed this year, in fact, it is not. She has cut back on the number of classes but will still have a few this year. If you are interested, call the school directly to see if there are any openings.

+ Reply to Thread