+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Package from Global Dorber

Default Package from Global Dorber

The postman brought me a package from Global Dorber and I am thrilled. After much thought and reading the archives, I order the 5 ft. 3 wt. Most rivers here are now heated up and I plan to hike in to many small brooks where the brook trout and small rainbows are usually under 7"...I can be a clutz so the smaller rod is really neat. I tried it on the lawn and it promises to be a fine tool in cramped quarters, not to mention while hiking.

The reel they sent is well-built; the gears inside much sturdier than a more expensive reel I purchased last year.

Also ordered a rod kit! Am building a 6 wt.
    Al Campbell's series is a wonderful companion. Have got the handle all glued and assembled and will slowly work on the rest.

I am enjoying this site alot. The archives have so many worthy topics and the overall tone of the site is so enthusiastic and respectful. thanks, learner

Well, Mr. Learner, enjoy!!! It's the best there is out there, and will be for a very long time... Glad you are here!

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

which reel did you purchase?

Hey Learner,

I have throughly enjoyed several packages I've received from Global Dorber
    and continue to enjoy thier products.
    Just want to point out, if you experience
    any problems along the way or have any
    questions, they have knowledgeable folks
    that will answer them. Enjoy! Warm
    regards, Jim

I bought the HS 230, I think, for 36.30. They put the backing on (no charge, I think) and put the 3 WF line on for me. Just got thru tying on some 10 lb. mono with nail knott/loop. Box says it is made by Argus.

Count me in as a happy customer of Global Dorber. Lots of items over a long period of time.Quality of goods and customer service couldn't be better

------------------

[This message has been edited by reelman (edited 15 June 2005).]

Those ex-short Lil-Streamer rods are fun to cast. They will show you where your casting faults are. On my 4.5' 4wt, hauling is almost mandatory

------------------
    The thrill is not in the kill. It's in the deception.

I built two 6ft 3wt's with Global Dorber blanks based on the lil streamer design. I find that on small streams or under low hanging branches these rod are second to none. Both of my rods finished out at 1.5 ounces each... FB.

Hey learner-
    I was thinking of getting one of those kits too. Do I need any special equipment to put the rod together? Could you also point me to Al' article? Thanks

------------------
    [url=http://dryfly.argodesignstudio.com:969be]http://dryfly.argodesignstudio.com[/url:969be]

Flyfishing basics...rodbuilding...graphite rod building

I am going to try to build it without rod turner and rod holder (you can use a box for this).

I had to buy a small file, epoxy, piece of chalk, and hot glue.

Otherwise, everything is there and it comes with instructions, too.

+ Reply to Thread