+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trout Bum Diaries Vol II

Default Trout Bum Diaries Vol II

I received vol II yesterday. I did not like it a well as Vol I but it is still pretty awesome. Lots of good footage.

2. Default

I kinda felt the same way, but I think it was just all the anticipation from waiting for the video. I am going to watch it again tonight and see if I see it any differently. I think they may have ruined us with the Vol I. These guys are awesome anyway and bring a lot to our sport!!

G

I liked it alot. it is tough to describe, but it is kinda different from Vol 1 but still very good. Each one has a different "feel" to it, but they are both very good in thier own right, i only wish it were longer.

My biggest pet peeve is having to sit through all the sponsor info to get to the start up menu. but that is still a far cry better than having the guys look at the camera after each fish and say "... I couldnt have caught it without my trusty <insert sponsor product name>..." I understand why they have to plug the sponsors but i really enjoy how AEG takes the subdued route of just shooting the labels of the gear in passing rather than trying to convince us how good the stuff is.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Default Re: Trout Bum Diaries Vol II

Quote Originally Posted by fish4trout
    I received vol II yesterday. I did not like it a well as Vol I but it is still pretty awesome. Lots of good footage.

This is almost exactly the way I feel...still a great little flick though...I'm mainly disappointed in the lack of outtakes...that whole shot with the freshwater eel was pretty damn kewl though...

~Randy
    "Some people fish their entire lives without realizing it's not the fish they're after."

Yet to receive mine but i certainly cant wait, something different then the original

Got back into town today from work, and when i check the mail, there is the package from those trout bums.

Ive watched it twice i like it better than the first volume. I like the whole warren miller (Ski video god) feel, and it has MUCH more character, and im thinking i need to work on my casting skill before i plan to head down to new Zealand.

Of course i wont just be fishing in new Zealand, they have all sorts of things, some young punk with few brain cell, but a couple bucks, could use to get some adrenalin highs HEHE.

nick

Question For any owners of Trout Bum Vol. II. Are the words "High Density DVD" printed on the cover anywhere? I have had some trouble with playing the first volume due to this "high density". The dvd still plays, but occasionally locks up and sometimes my dvd player reads it as a "bad disk". My dvd player is super cheap, so that might come into play, but it seems to do okay with other dvds. Just wondering...info appreciated.

My vol I says High Density but vol II does not.

Ryan, Chris and Crump did another fine job with their newest DVD. I have now known these guys for a few years now and I can tell you they work hard to put together some thing a little different then whats been done in the past. Many of us in Washington state got to watch the first one come together piece by piece over a couple year period. But for this video we only got to see the final product.
    These guys are all trout bums in the finest sense of the word and they all live to chase Trout. I only fish between 40-60 times per year and only wish I could spend 4-5 months straight fishing each year. Of course after the 4-5 months are over they do not get much chance to fish again until their next trip, since they are busy editing and promoting their wares.
    Last Wed with 450 people from Washington I saw the 20 minute cut version and it was good. Amie, Julie and and I watched the video itself on Saturday and we all enjoyed it including Julie who has never fished till a week ago when she went out to try casting at a local lake with Amie and I.
    My biggest suprise in the vidio was Ryan in a Kayak. But thats

+ Reply to Thread