+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battenkill River, NY

Default Battenkill River, NY

I can hear the trout calling! March 30 I am gonig to fish the Battenkill River in NY. VT Boarder downstream. Anyone want to tag along? Hopefully the weather cooperates. I will post a report as soon as I peel myself out of my waders.

I wish I could come! Good luck!
    BC

Default Battenkill

Be nice as I will be out there then but alas will not have a car or my tackle .. visitng the in-laws.. and genereally fish the deerfield when I am out there but when I move would love to fish the battenkill.
    good luck
    Gent

Default Brrrrrrrrr

Make sure to bring thermals.
    My sister lives over in Quichee and says that there is still pretty good snow down there.
    They aint too far east of where I figure you may be fishing. Its a lot of fun.
    Fished it as a kid before it became a "Mecca" and over emphasized by the media.
    Still,it is a wonderfull place to be.
    If you get the chance , dont pass up other very good places to fish in that area.
    Too much time and water under the bridge so I dont remember most of the names.
    Cheers

The fishing was great, now the catching was another story. Felt great to get out there and not think about anything but my next cast. The water was high but super clear. The temperature was between 36 and 38 degrees F. A bit cold and fast but I was in the water. I swung streamers for just over a half mile of river and didn't even see a flash. There was the occational midge that would fly by and I saw one caddis flutter from a bush scraped against. I can't wait until the hendricksons start hatching. I'll keep you posted.

Default Re: Battenkill River, NY

hey flyrodder i live next door to the battenkill in argyle always looking for company new to this site dont know much about it can you send emails if so contact me when you are going i also like to check out other rivers in adirondacks and catskills
    in case anyone else in the area reads this and is interested please send me a message Ihave been flyfishing for 4 years now
    i am not the best but i can catch fish i am willing to learn from someone more experienced or to help a beginner get started I have not touched my baitcaster since i began flyfishing if you love flyfishing and are inthe area man or woman I dont care shoot me a message
    todd

Default Re: Battenkill River, NY

try the bridge at east greenwich , it has some holes full of stocked trout, always saves a slow day!

+ Reply to Thread