+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4X ring eye streamer hook

Default 4X ring eye streamer hook

I have two different flies I am tying for swaps plus several other patterns I want to do that call for this hook type. H&H does not seem to carry the Mustad 9674, or the stainless saltwater S74SS. They are backordered on the saltwater 34007, even though I think these are not long shanked enough. I am new to fly tying, and I don't know much about hooks, so I am asking if anyone knows a Mustad that fits the above description.

redacted google
    Last edited by Bugsy; 04-06-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Bugsy,

Thanks for the excellent info. I just received another H&H order and guess what? More back ordered hooks. I called yesterday and to their credit, I was told that a big hook delivery was expected any time. I wish there was a fly shop less than 100 miles away.

Cabela's carries the 9674 and the 79580 Hooks, maybe that will help you. My self I like to buy from Hook & Hackle. But some times you have to look elsewhere. The 79580 is not ring eye, but it may be of some help to you. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Lansford PA. Not far from the Lehigh River

Default hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius62
    Bugsy,

Thanks for the excellent info. I just received another H&H order and guess what? More back ordered hooks. I called yesterday and to their credit, I was told that a big hook delivery was expected any time. I wish there was a fly shop less than 100 miles away.

Try Mike Hogue at eflytyer.com. he's in Freeville NY

There used to be a place called Sandy's in Ogdensburg. Plus the aberdeen hooks from Wally world might work. dan

Sag-

Here's a link to show you hook "equivalencies" between brands, as well as descriptions of different hooks for your future reference:

http://www.killroys.com/hooks/hookchrt.htm

For example, Mustad 9674 correspond to Daiichi 1750 and Orvis JA0167 4 xl long streamer/nymph/bucktail hooks.

peregrines

Thanks guys. I work with a couple guys from Ogdensburg, I'll ask about Sandy's. I guess 100 miles is a bit of a stretch as Wilmington/Lake Placid is only about 70 minutes away. But this time of year it is 70 treacherous miles. I think Fran Better's place is close to closed this time of year anyway. The local Wally World did have some Aberdeens, but the flies looked a little stubby when I tried them. I guess that Cabela's will be it.

+ Reply to Thread