+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me outfit a 3 wt. Yeehaw!

More primative archery than actual traditional. I build and sell some wooden long bows and cedar arrows and have a great time doing it.

I shoot a mantis longbow and am fletching a new dozen ash shafts this week. I have my third arrow in the clamp right now. Can't wait to try them out later today. I broke all my rogue river cedars and I hope the ash don't fly way different.

My and my friend here are going to go cut some osage this summer from his grandpa's farm and start making our own selfbows. One of my students made a bbo this semester that may actually turn out.

Good to see a fellow trad archer here on faol. Fly fishing and traditional bowhunting are my 2 passions.

Cameron

Cameron,

You mentioned you couldn't get what you want in a TFO, i.e., a 4 piece of less than 9' length. The TFO Professional series in 3 wt. is available in lengths of 7'6" or 8'6", and it is available only in 4 piece. My usual fishing partner bought the 8'6" model for his 23 year old son who has been flyfishing since he was 9, and he loves that rod. Cabela's has a combo of that rod, with their CSR reel and SA Mastery GPX line for about $220.00, or about $70.00 off the combined price of the components.

Larry

I've got a couple Tiogas, they've been such a good reels that I can't recommend them enough.

I have the 3 forks combo with the prestige's plus reel they don't make anymore I've had mine about 5 yrs and I can tell you it's one of if not the best combo you can get for under 100 bucks and I still have the same 3 wt wf line on it that it came with. I need to probably need to buy a new line at the end of this next fishing season. And like many of the other posts you won't go wrong if you get it mine has the disk drag and I've had not one problem with it just a quick rinse and a drop of oil and it's good as new and mine has had it's share of bumps and bruises. And I thought at first the reel would not hold up but if I buy another combo it will be the same set up just different wt as the 3 wt still has many miles to go on it. Hope this helps Later Matt

6. Default

i fished a TFO 3wt 7'6" for a little while and loved how accurate it was. it was probably a medium action rod.

+ Reply to Thread